Free Previews

Boy the premium channels must really be hurting if they have to give it away in freeviews and 1/2 price promos.
Maybe its time to bring down the price and improve the quality.
But the powers that be are to stupid to see it that way. :eek:

Nothing wrong with the quality, at least the content quality, just the price. HBO and Showtime produce a lot of good scripted shows. It is just cheaper to wait for them to be released on a shiny disc rather than subscribing.

Looks like there's currently a free preview of Epix. Anyone know how long it's good for. It's not mentioned on CH 103 and I can't find anything about it online.

Looks like there's currently a free preview of Epix. Anyone know how long it's good for. It's not mentioned on CH 103 and I can't find anything about it online.

Do you pay on an annual basis? The three months of free Epix may be an offset for the end of the annual pay option.

Ok, it's official! All premium channels have gone to crap! I saw a side split during the end credits to The Dark Knight Rises on HBO! Yes, HBO!!! Some black woman talking about truebie or something or other. And I went to their facebook a couple of times and praised them for not doing that crap! It's all principle...I don't like supporting putting forth the money for a premium viewing experience (including being able to listen to end credit music) and still seeing the same adverising crap that regular tv channels do. Period!

SHO, STARZ...and now HBO...ALL tarnished in my mind as "premium". What will be next...banners at the bottom during the movie? Already seen it on Sho and Starz. Greed destroys!

Reactions: pattykay
Ok, it's official! All premium channels have gone to crap! I saw a side split during the end credits to The Dark Knight Rises on HBO! Yes, HBO!!! Some black woman talking about truebie or something or other. And I went to their facebook a couple of times and praised them for not doing that crap! It's all principle...I don't like supporting putting forth the money for a premium viewing experience (including being able to listen to end credit music) and still seeing the same adverising crap that regular tv channels do. Period!

SHO, STARZ...and now HBO...ALL tarnished in my mind as "premium". What will be next...banners at the bottom during the movie? Already seen it on Sho and Starz. Greed destroys!

To rephrase it better, the credits were squeezed to the left, and on the right was an advertisement with someone promoting True Blood.

I like the series on both Showtime and HBO but I've decided to just wait for the shiny season discs to appear on Amazon. Cheaper than paying a monthly sub. for side-split and animated bug advertisements during the end credits. My blood boiled when the premiums started putting their logo bugs in the 4:3 safe zone. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)