Free satellite internet

anonymous.searcher

Original poster
Nov 24, 2019
Iran
Hi everyone
totally new here.
i am from Iran and as you might have seen on the news our government shut down all international internet connections for a whole week and many businesses were hurt.
i am looking to setup a satellite internet conncetion to avoid having problems next time (of course there will be next time). our business depends on internet very much and we always have to be connected.
so what can i do ? or what should i do ?
i searched the web some and i know i need some equipments but what about the service provider ? how can i get a service in Iran because no ISP has such services.
is there anyway i can get the service free ?
waiting for your answers and helps.

Hello and welcome from the USA.
You say your country shut down all Internet services? Or limited your access to services outside of the country?
We need to clear that up first. Do you have Internet access from a smart phone? Or has that been shut off or limited?
What about using a VPN service? Is that possible?
VPN would get you out of your countries limitations. Tethering a smart phone with mobile data to a PC is one solution too. Perhaps using a VPN to tunnel through your DNS server and exit node and limitations.
As for satellite Internet, it may be possible if you can find a provider with service and equipment. It would be expensive probably. And your data limits may be reached fast before extra charges show.
It would be unlikely anyone has free satellite Internet at all. It is a very money making business.
There are actually a few dialup Internet providers left in the world. But that would be slow and the numbers may possibly be blocked.
What are the limitations of amateur radio licensing and equipment there? Are Iranian people allowed to own such equipment and obtain licenses? There are many ways to use computer interfaces to exchange digital data these days.
And it's always nice to communicate with good people from far away.

Although here we do have good Internet freedom and information is open, ISP's do monitor the kind of traffic we utilize.
A VPN is always a good idea which connects to servers in countries with better information freedom and anonymity.

I'm very interested to know how freedom of information is in your country and how Interent services are provided to people.

This could be a very good conversation!

Reactions: N6BY and TheKrell
According to Netblocks, Iran shut down their Internet such that there was only about 5% remaining. It is currently being restored and is starting from the hardwired services. Mobile may be last.

Services from this side of the planet wouldn't reach Iraq but like services here, I would imagine they aren't free and they require a satellite modem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)