Free Showtime for 3 months - YMMV

yardline

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
from SlickDeals

log on to your dish network accounts and sign up!

Terms and Conditions:

Offer valid 8/28/07 – 10/31/07. Offer only available to DISH Network customers activating Showtime within the valid period, and who have not subscribed to Showtime within the previous 6 months. Customer will receive the first 3 months of Showtime free, a value up to $38.97. After promotional period, regular monthly rates for ordered services will apply. Standard rates, service and installation fees and additional charges will apply, if applicable. Other restrictions may apply, subject to terms and conditions of DISH Network. May not be combined with any other Showtime promotion. Pricing, offers and terms subject to change without notice.

Madea’s Family Reunion, Meadowlands: ©2007 Ecosse Films, Weeds Season 2: © 2006 Lions Gate Television Inc. All rights reserved, Dexter™ Season 1: © 2006 Showtime Networks Inc. All rights reserved.

11 channels of Showtime available with a DISH 500/1000 system. Showtime Showcase, Showtime Beyond and Showtime HD are not available with other DISH Network systems. Requires an HD receiver and HD television (sold separately) to view Showtime HD.

yep saw it there as well, have to go to the prem. page, but its there with the free for 3 months box, when you order and confirm it tells you its free for 3 months, cool deal! :)

its not one of those order showtime for 3 months and get a rebate 8 months later?

if so i may do this

Hmmm. I'd like to know if there's any commitment also. I'd hate to get 3 months free, then pay for a year or get backcharged.

Here is the fine print pasted from the DISH web site

Offer valid 8/28/07 – 10/31/07. Offer only available to DISH Network customers activating Showtime within the valid period, and who have not subscribed to Showtime within the previous 6 months. Customer will receive the first 3 months of Showtime free, a value up to $38.97. After promotional period, regular monthly rates for ordered services will apply. Standard rates, service and installation fees and additional charges will apply, if applicable. Other restrictions may apply, subject to terms and conditions of DISH Network. May not be combined with any other Showtime promotion. Pricing, offers and terms subject to change without notice.

Madea’s Family Reunion, Meadowlands: ©2007 Ecosse Films, Weeds Season 2: © 2006 Lions Gate Television Inc. All rights reserved, Dexter™ Season 1: © 2006 Showtime Networks Inc. All rights reserved.

11 channels of Showtime available with a DISH 500/1000 system. Showtime Showcase, Showtime Beyond and Showtime HD are not available with other DISH Network systems. Requires an HD receiver and HD television (sold separately) to view Showtime HD.

Doesn't really answer the question. But it sounds like you could cancel just before the free 3 months are up.

Possible $25 back too, YMMV

Possible double dip, get $25 back direct from Showtime.

Showtime - Order Showtime

I had just canceled Showtime two days ago, so good timing. I know the fine print says not for those who subscribed in the last six months, but when I get to the checkout page it says I qualify. I've printed that page for backup.

"As a new Showtime customer you qualify for Showtime FREE for three months. Credit will be applied on the first two bills following sign-up for the promotion"​

sweet deal! i get it for free plus 25 bucks back! :) and yeah guys, it shows up on your bill first thing, no 8 month later type deals, and yes you can take it off in 3 months no problem :)

oh and here you go (did mine yesterday):
08/3008/30DISHHD WITH 1 PREMIUM 08/30 TO 09/1415.4708/3008/29SHOWTIME FREE 1 OF 3-10.0008/3008/29SHOWTIME FREE 2 OF 3-10.00

Hmmm. I got in an endless loop between the My Account page, which looks just like my old My Account page but with the "Showtime 3-months free" box showing. Clicking on this box pops up another window where I have to log in again in order to take advantage of this offer. When I do, it's right back to My Account page. Is this signup how it's supposed to work? It would be nice to see a confirmation somewhere. Looking in Recent Activity only shows my last payment. (I'm on CC auto pay.)

TheKrell: you just have to add it via the "Add Programming" feature on the left.

I'm confused too... so log in under the "Get Showtime Free" link, which takes then takes you back to your main account page. At that point you're saying to click "add premium programming," check "Showtime," click to "add to cart," then click "check out?"

T.I.A.

Ok just added it. Here's the message you get at check-out:

"Showtime Promotion FREE for 3 months!

Applicable charges will be reflected on your next statement with an effective date of Aug 31 , 2007. As with all new programming additions, charges are pro-rated for 2 months to synchronize with our 30 day advance billing policy. Depending on programming combinations, pricing may be packaged at a lower rate. Packaging will occur automatically when applicable. A $5 transaction fee applies when any programming is voluntarily removed"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)