Free Showtime for 3 months - YMMV

I am in as well.

Hopefully one of us will remember that we all signed up at pretty much the same time and resurrect this thread or post a new one reminding everyone else when it is time to cancel. :)

Thank you Sat guys,

EveryOne please remember to start a new sticky thread in 3 months so we can cancel if we do not like it. I will try it, but last time I had showtime it was not very good. Maybe its better now, you never know. Showtime in HD will be nice also.

Thank you Sat guys,

EveryOne please remember to start a new sticky thread in 3 months so we can cancel if we do not like it. I will try it, but last time I had showtime it was not very good. Maybe its better now, you never know. Showtime in HD will be nice also.

I signed up also and it looks as if it hasn't improved imo. Prominent movie selections include Larry The Cable Guy and other equally worthwile offerings while dramas are ho-hum stuff at best.

rock on! thanks for the hook up! so much for what little free time I had left to not watch tv...now I have just filled in that empty space. :)

I was finially about to get the 3 months Free of showtime. According to customer service it would not be added to my account until sept.1. so i called back this morning and now i get it FREE woohoo. I will try to post again at the end of November to help remind all of you to call in an d cancel.

Thanks for the heads up on this offer! I ordered mine this weekend. Just gotta remember to cancel in three months.

NO you wont be charged a fee for downgrading since it is a promo.......I am a dish employee sitting at my desk as we speak.. any /'s send me a pm

NO you wont be charged a fee for downgrading since it is a promo.......I am a dish employee sitting at my desk as we speak.. any /'s send me a pm

Now I have dish via ATT/Dish because I get the ATT employee discount. Do I need to call them and get the Showtime free? I have only had Dish for about 5 days?

Added it earlier this morning when I read this thread... Will have to see if it's on when I get home (though I expect it will be as these things usually update in seconds).

Have to set a reminder somewhere to remember to cancel it in 3 months too, of course !

Wasn't available when I got home, 6+ hours after I tried adding it. So then I tried the online chat and he said I didn't qualify.... Said because I either have Showtime already or had it in the past (6) months. Told him I don't have Showtime and never had it. He said he'd add it and it should take 5-10 minutes to show up. 2 hours later, still no Showtime. Tried it again using the "Add programming" link and said I can't add it currently.

Did the same thing when I wanted to upgrade from AT200 to AT250.

So I called in and added it. 30 seconds later, it's available (had to call to upgrade to AT250 also).

So we really can sign up for 3 months, and at around the 88 day mark, drop it- and pay nothing, not even a downgrade fee?

Sounds great, from my point of view. I guess Dish is hoping that it will pay for itself by the number of folks that decide they like it and want to keep it, or just forget to drop it.

I'd love to know how that works out, but I bet I never will.

You can keep it for the length of time and drop it, that's correct. We do hope that alot of customers to choose to keep the programming, we usualy don't fight customers when they forget.

Ok, yeah it depends on when your bill is sent out because we bill a month ahead if you forget to take it off and your bill is generated the day before you call to take it out, the regular price of 12.99 would be billed to your account. If you call to take it off the next day if the promo has expired then there would be the 5 trans fee for downgrading, and would cause a pro-rated amount on your bill, in that case it would be something like 11.28 or something. But that would appear on your next statment, not the current one that has already been generated. Usually the dates we give to call in and take it off are correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)