Free Starz in SD only?

Smartkid

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 19, 2009
New Jersey
Wait, so I'm on the Western Arc right now even though I live on the East Coast? And Western Arc is better than Eastern Arc?

Is there any difference in HD quality between MPEG-4 and MPEG-2?

I just checked my channels and from 351-356, only 356 is in HD. I also don't get the channels that you've mentioned in the 6100s.

csmith5111

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 30, 2010
SandFarmer said:
All programming in HD? What "all" are you talking about. If you are talking about Starz, ch 353 &355 on mine are SD and how many should we have?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

She means all programming offered in hd. 353 and 355 do not come in hd. I am a full wa install.

csmith5111

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 30, 2010
Smartkid said:
Wait, so I'm on the Western Arc right now even though I live on the East Coast? And Western Arc is better than Eastern Arc?

Is there any difference in HD quality between MPEG-4 and MPEG-2?

I just checked my channels and from 351-356, only 356 is in HD. I also don't get the channels that you've mentioned in the 6100s.

I'm WA and I'm on the east coast. The only reason WA would be better is if you had hd and sd equipment, I have a 922, 622, and a 211k(installed tomorrow). But my dma is still wa. Since you only have a 722 rcvr then it doesn't matter. And MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 have no qaulity difference. The difference is size. You can fit more MPEG-4 channels on a sat than you can with the other. Which would explain the shift of channels. When you have the tech out you will be able to see all of those in hd except 353 and 355. But wa can't either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)