Free voice remote upgrade for my Hopper 3!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
I just checked my account online, and saw an offer for a free voice remote upgrade. That is nice of them, considering I have been with them for more than 14 years now! The remote upgrade is with no strings, all I have to do is click "Redeem Now". It is little things like this that can help retain happy customers!

Reactions: dennispap and LQQK
Uhhh, they're standard with every Hopper and Joey. It's not a big deal, really
I am down to my last Dish remote (3 dogs. Lucky I still have one) but the chat person said:

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately you are not eligible for that offer. it's brand new and only goes out to select customers whose accounts are tagged. Yours unfortunately is not.

Rats!

I just checked my account online, and saw an offer for a free voice remote upgrade. That is nice of them, considering I have been with them for more than 14 years now! The remote upgrade is with no strings, all I have to do is click "Redeem Now". It is little things like this that can help retain happy customers!

While I agree with your opportunity to upgrade remotes, mine came with the voice remotes (both for H3 and 2X Joey3's) out of the box and nobody in my family liked them. I really wanted to dump them for the 40 but couldn't do so without buying them myself. :(

While I agree with your opportunity to upgrade remotes, mine came with the voice remotes (both for H3 and 2X Joey3's) out of the box and nobody in my family liked them. I really wanted to dump them for the 40 but couldn't do so without buying them myself. :(

We make sure everybody's happy at all our installs. If they don't want the voice remote and they want a 52.0 or a 40.0 remote then that's what they get. It also goes the other way, if the receiver comes with a 40.0 or a 52.0 and they want a voice remote then they get a voice remote. :)

Now I am feeling left out too.
I have also been with Dish over 18 years and no offer for a free voice remote.
And when I got my H3 the voice remote didn't exist yet.
That's the trouble with being an early adopter. Maybe I should have stuck with my 2 3700s until now, so I could get the free voice remote with my H3.

Reactions: pattykay
You do have to have internet, just like using Voice To Text on a phone
Maybe that's why I didn't "qualify". Though I am connected to 300 mbps, when I go to 'My Equipment' it shows the Hopper 3 as "not connected" while it shows the Joey as connected. Nothing I can do makes the Hopper 3 show it's true connectivity.

Maybe that's why I didn't "qualify". Though I am connected to 300 mbps, when I go to 'My Equipment' it shows the Hopper 3 as "not connected" while it shows the Joey as connected. Nothing I can do makes the Hopper 3 show it's true connectivity.
Hmmm…
Even though I use Dish Anywhere a lot and I have downloaded a bunch of VOD movies via WiFi, ‘My Equipment’ has always shown our Hopper 3 as “not connected”.

I got the offer in an email, but I'll have to call them and see if they will ship to my billing address instead of my service address. My current service address is a campground that does not allow guests to receive mail here. Instead it has to go to General Delivery at the local post office. My billing address mail on the other hand, goes to a remailing service that packages and sends my mail and other deliveries to any address I specify on request. I suppose I could change my service address to my billing address long enough to get the order processed, but I'd rather not if I don't need to.

Got me free remote today. Set it up and voice doesn't work. Says 'listening' but does nothing. Put it in the drawer in case I lose a remote. Wasted my time and Dish's money....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts