Freeway Support still in business?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rico5538

Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Minnesota
I have been using Freeway Support in Winnipeg as a broker for a few years with okay results.

However, on Thursday, my StarChoice system went entirely dark – every channel came up with “activation required” even the promo channels went away.

Repeated calls to their toll-free number were greeted by a constant busy signal, calls their local number also did not go through.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on what to do next?

I used them many years ago, the same thing happend to me. Call your CC company tell them you think someone saw your number so they will issue a different card so you won't be billed by them again. And as stated above use a different broker.

There are posts on this subject, but they go back about four years, I believe. As I recall, there was a "sticky" post at one time, but it's been "unstickied" for some time. It's likely buried, but could be found with a search.

When I originally got into the grey market, I was warned not to use them because their setup was that the client paid THEM for the programming, trusting in them to forward the payment on to Star Choice. If and when that didn't happen, the account became delinquent.....and enventually disconnected.

I'm astonished your account continued so long.......

If your account has become delinquent, your receiver ID and credit card may have been blacklisted by Shaw, meaning you'll need to (1) find some way to pay off the account to remove the receiver ID from the list, or (2) buy a new receiver. This, in addition to getting a new credit card.

I've sent you a PM regarding your other question.

Last edited:
Have also been with Freeway for many years without much trouble.They have not billed me since mid August and I expect to be shut off by Shaw any time now. I guess both receivers will be blacklisted....Oh well. Plan B is in order . Any suggestions? Any help appreciated.

I guess I'm in the same boat. Freeway Support was my broker. What should I do? I hope my receiver isn't blacklisted. Who should I use now? Any suggestions? Any help appreciated.

I've been a Freeway customer for several years. Could you please PM me the info you sent the others joshuals? Thanks.

OK.....for the benefit of all, I'll make this a part of the thread.....

Here are 2 options:

You can send me, via PM, your contact information (name, plus telephone or e-mail address), and I will forward same to my broker. If they feel comfortable doing so, they may, in turn, contact you. This is for security reasons. Be advised that my current broker does not offer any services other than brokerage; so if you need to replace your receiver, you would need to look elsewhere for those services.

The other option is to visit the site www-dot-kusat-dot-com. The website gives their contact information with which you can explain to them your situation. Personally, I have dealt with these folks for Shaw hardware purchases and was very satisfied. Other posters on this forum have reported the same satisfaction with the services they have obtained from this company.

I would be interested to know what has happened with Freeway; the last time I looked, their website was still "up"......

Mr Joshuals, I tried to pm but was blocked. I am dark here on two hd receivers after over 8 years of trouble free service. If you can let me know what to do or your e-mail so I can give you my original pm I would appreciate it very much. Thanks for your time helping all of us who are now screwed. Phil

I've just tried to PM you but because I've not posted here before it won't allow me to do so...I've just got to get up to three posts to do so. :)

To billpa.....your e-mail was received and your contact information has been forwarded to my broker. Allow a little time for them to contact you....say a week or so.

To other posters in this thread who have sent me a PM requesting I forward their contact info.....I have received an e-mail from my broker stating they are in the process of contacting you.....

Another Freeway Support customer left in the dark. As a new member, I don't have enough posts to PM you. Any way to a short cut that would allow you to share my contact information with your broker? If not, the information about Kusat is appreciated.. thanks, larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)