Freq. TP "Q"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kingjeste

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 23, 2008
Ohio
I got an wondering question.. Why do some TPs come in some just don't?

SG2100 motor
31" Dish
Cir/Lin LNB -DMS
Loc. ohio
CW700 box

I point at 97west and get only TP 11788.. I used to get them all in. Then one day they quit coming in. Never moved the dish.. I think i may need to re-aline it again. Some sat. has stronger signals and some has weaker.

That could be a multitude of things. Since you didn't specify which channels or what satellite (s), you might check 1.cable 2.cable connectors 3.dish alignment 4.obstructions to the dish,like trees growing up and blocking the view 5.weather conditions 6. failing lnbf or receiver. I'd start with the first three things though, if your system used to work better but now doesn't. *Remember, in the fta world-some channels go away suddenly with no warning!

Blind scan on this box not very good.. as i manually put in the Freq. TP from the list on here. now get 3 different TP's. on 97 west.. i know i used to get 12177 . but when they went nag3. things changed.. i cant ever get 83west. RTV. would like to get that channel. mm. have to work on this thing when the weather gets warmer. just wondering. thanks.

Seems like your set up is not quite right. You should be able to get lots of sats across the arc from 50w to 130w with a motor if your mast is vertical, elevation correct, reference is properly due south and clean sightlines. Should be no issues with 83 or 97 or 101 or anywhere else. Sometimes though the motor can shift or slip on the mast, the dish can warp or move etc. especially with wind and cold and warm temperature shifts.

I get 17 different sats KU band. i think i got an pole problem. need an different..

I read your post again>lol missed part of it late last night. I see you were on 97, some of those tps changed frequencies for some channels, and with as many channels as are on that sat, it probably happens often. I hardly ever scan it, just check Al Jazeera once in a while. You must have a pole not vertical or your dish elevation is off,something in your alignment is not quite right. check your pole with a level , all around in different places to be sure its still vertical (plumb).

Ok.. Will do.. thanks.. just wish there were as many channels on KU as C-band..

I guess most providers of full time signals still love the stability of c-band for beating bad weather conditions.

I fixed my problem.. bought a Avenger PLL321S-2.. got one word.. " WOW " .. i now get 83w RTV, 97W channels went from getting 10 to over 200.. Very happy with this new LNB.. i had a DSS922...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)