Fresh scan, now up to 95 channels.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Just did a fresh scan and got 95 channels with a small UHF/H-VHF antenna.

A bit amazed at how much I'm getting but it is flat around here with little to block reception. Central Florida has excellent OTA!

Attachments

• UHFyagi.jpg
    UHFyagi.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 169
Do all them come in as excellent reception or are there some that are so so?
The H-VHF (NBC CH 2) comes in so so. Ok most of the time but drops when it rains hard.

The ION Mux UHF drops sometimes too but I think it's mostly due to the broadcast antenna is S.E. of my home and all the rest are due east so I have the antenna pointing between with some loss. I would think the ION reception would be a bit better if I pointed S.E. and got the full gain but that would reduce the gain on the due east stations. I could also go up higher and improve still some more but for the most part it's good enough.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The H-VHF (NBC CH 2) comes in so so. Ok most of the time but drops when it rains hard.

The ION Mux UHF drops sometimes too but I think it's mostly due to the broadcast antenna is S.E. of my home and all the rest are due east so I have the antenna pointing between with some loss. I would think the ION reception would be a bit better if I pointed S.E. and got the full gain but that would reduce the gain on the due east stations. I could also go up higher and improve still some more but for the most part it's good enough.
If you went any higher you'd have to put an anti collision beacon on it.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)