Friday FTA Fun Poll 10/24

how many C-Band or KU Band dishes do you have that are not set up?

• none..all my dishes are in use

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • 1-3

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • 4-6

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • 7-9

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • more than 10

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
you know...some of you guys if you dont have room for those dishes that arent in use, ya can always send them my way ;)

2 dishes
84e Primestar - Never have the time to make it permanent. I did buy & temporarily put a bsc421 on it after reading about others picking up cband on them. Didn't spend a lot of time with that project, but did find some cband channels. Would like to motorize it, to replace my Fortec 80cm, ku setup.
10ft Winegard w/buttonhook feed - I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. I gave him $20 bucks. I'll start a new thread & post pics of it, hopefully in the near future. Perforated aluminum. It might be a Pinnacle, not sure though.

Picked 1-3.
The 10ft'r got signal today for the first time (at least in my yard).
The 8ft has mount issues. Posted that just a bit ago in the C-band forum.
I know where several others are waiting... but I don't know when I may have time grab them...

4-6

-3x P* 84e reflectors (Stogie, I really will put these to use...)
-1 3ABN Azure Shine 36" (Destined for second motor)
-1 T90 (looking for NPRM)
-1 Damaged 8.5' Paraclipse

Overall my biggest problem has been finding time to install my Paraclipse C-band dish.

Hehehe... I know where this thread is going once a couple of fellow Satguys read my post :D

I hate to say this.........somebody is going to say NO WAY.......
At last count I believe it was
18 or so C banders
Notably-
2 Birdviews [1 solid & 1 perf] w/OEM rx's
3 or 4 10' Unimeshs'
8 or 10 7.5 ft unimeshs'
1 8.5 ft Winegard
1 solid spun alum 8.5 footer [old LNA days]
1 commercial 9' NEC
1 Luxor 9' all alum
that's from memory. prolly missed some........

at least that many Primestar 75's and 84's several still with OEM lnbs
1 3' primestar
2 4' primestars
1 direcway 4' round solid fiberglass [white] w/all the HW, 2 recievers, and 2 sets of tx/rx units, and 1 flatroof stand
and enough pizza pans to put Mr Gatti's out of business.

Yes, I'm a packrat, but I also have at least 10 more C banders to 'come and haul off' but I have to build a gin pole to get them down. Also have 5 or 6 more primestars spotted, [one is another 4 footer] but havent inquire about.
I know SOMEBODY's gonna want pics...........well, for that many I'll have to ul from a highspeed connection, it would take a week to do it from dialup.....lol
In service -
a 4' Primestar
2 84e's fixed
and a 7.5 ft Unimesh

Melgarga,
How many acres to put them up on?

I just had the Health dept. out to survey my property and I am glad I had not planted the C-Band dishes! But when I dig the hole for the tank - I will put the poles for the dishes in a rocky area, not where the leach lines have to go. (That was close! I had made arrangements for the auger - but the owner had a family matter and had to cancel.)

I voted 10 plus, but you do have me beat.

1- Perfect 10 7.5 foot c-band dish
1- Birdview 8.5 foot c-band dish
1- 1m Primestar Ku dish
2 - Primestar 84e dishes with skewable mounts.

And I am still on the lookout. :D

Just 2 acres pop. I'm afraid to put them all up, that much metalic surface area would make me the best ground/lightening rod for 10 miles!
Here we cant go with a passive system for OSSF anymore, but I put my aerobic system in before they were mandated. Active components for an aerobic [compressed air via a diffuser] treatment tank, Pump & pump tank, strainer/filter and the field lines are either sprinkler heads or in my case 5/8" underground irrigation emiter pipe. I was one of the last systems permitted for that design. The others [above ground] have to run chlorination. The footprint for the field line is way smaller that a conventional system. My 600' line is 5 rows of 120' emiter pipe 30" apart and 8-12" below the surface.
I am still cleaning up from Ike, so I will get some shots of my collection up quick as I can........hopefully before Anole start posting pictures, pictures, pictures!...........lol
I use my HP very frequently for dish-hunting. It helps me remember what I saw and where I saw it so I can check back later.......
BTW Stogie, I know where one of those Paraclipse Monsters is sitting too.......just cant catch anyone home...........lol
And a couple more solid BV's, an Orbitron, a Sammi, a few more Unimeshs'.......One or two that besides being C band, I dont even know what they are.
Man, I've go a lot to do...........lol

PS- Nice new skin/GUI Scott, et al. It's takes a bit to get used to, but is pleasant on the eyes.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)