Friday FTA Fun Poll 5-16

The last time you worked on your FTA system?

• today

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • within the last week

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • within the last 2 weeks

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • within the last month

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • within the last 6 months

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I havent changed anything since I set up my system

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
"Within the last week"...

Three days ago, I hung a new run of dual coax on the side of the house from my satellite farm to the window near where my PCs are located. I replaced my two-line grounding block with a four-line one, since there are now two dual cables (four lines) entering through that window. This cable will be for extra feeds that I'm hoping to pick up during the Olympics in August.

The next day, I helped a neighbor re-install his DirecTV Phase III dish. It was initially installed on the other side of his house, but that was done during the winter, and the pecan tree has since sprouted leaves :( That same day, I launched an attack on the same tree with a pole saw. I have Hispasat back :)

The following day, I went BUD hunting with a friend, alas, no luck. Did find a guy who still uses his BUD and LOVES it, wouldn't trade it for a pizza pan any day (he KNOWS...)

No work yet today, but hey, it's only 5:30 a.m.!

Been busy with other stuff lately, finishing up non-essential katrina repairs, boiling crawfish, Mother's Day, you know, stuff.

But I do have a new 1m P* to clean and paint, and a quad Invacom to put on a dish, hey I got things to do, its just to get all this other stuff out of the way...

Took down the 3ABN/motor setup and installed the dish without the motor. I discovered that my motor doesn't have the backlash issue I thought I had. It appears that the motor shaft is slightly smaller than the roof mount that came with the dish. When I tightened the dish mount to the motor shaft the bracket bottoms out before it's fully tight. When I tighten the dish mount to the roof mount it's obviously tighter and the bracket is not bottomed out. I'm going to find something to shim around the motor shaft and try again. It's only off by 1/16" or so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)