Different CS 8000HD Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bid Daddy

Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
My Coolsat 8000HD has a couple of problems that I have not seen discussed on any forums, so maybe I have a bad unit, but thought I would check with the folks on this forum to see if anyone else is experiencing the same.

My problems are mainly on the OTA ATSC tuner side.
1) My local CBS affiliate transmits two SD channels on 42-1 and 42-2, center frequency at 647 MHz. When I do an auto scan or a manual scan it finds both the primary channel at 42-1 and the secondary channel at 42-2 and lists them correctly in the channel lineup. However, when I tune to 42-1 I get a message from the 8000HD that says "No Video". The audio is there but no picture. I get the video and audio OK on the secondary channel 42-2. Since they are both transmitted on the same frequency from the same transmitter I assume that it is not a reception problem.

2) Occasionally when I turn the power off using the remote control the 8000HD locks up. It still transmits a signal to my HDTV but I cannot make any changes with the remote or by pushing any of the front panel buttons. I have to cycle the main power switch on the rear panel and go through a reboot to recover.

I sent the unit to Freetech for service. They returned it with the latest firmware load but the problems are still there.

Is anyone else experiencing any of these problems?

BD

My problems are mainly on the OTA ATSC tuner side.
1) My local CBS affiliate transmits two SD channels on 42-1 and 42-2, center frequency at 647 MHz. When I do an auto scan or a manual scan it finds both the primary channel at 42-1 and the secondary channel at 42-2 and lists them correctly in the channel lineup. However, when I tune to 42-1 I get a message from the 8000HD that says "No Video". The audio is there but no picture. I get the video and audio OK on the secondary channel 42-2. Since they are both transmitted on the same frequency from the same transmitter I assume that it is not a reception problem.
I had the same issue a while back with my local CBS (4-1) in Minneapolis. Factory reset did the trick (you probably didnt want to hear that if you had alot of stuff programmed into it)

2) Occasionally when I turn the power off using the remote control the 8000HD locks up. It still transmits a signal to my HDTV but I cannot make any changes with the remote or by pushing any of the front panel buttons. I have to cycle the main power switch on the rear panel and go through a reboot to recover.

The only time I've run into that is if the box is on for too long and gets too hot. Power cycle (switch off and on) does the trick :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts