Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
This weeks Friday Fun poll is a little different. There are no options to choose. It’s a free for all :D

Remember these are hypothetical questions…no answer is wrong, but let’s have fun with it. (if I ask for one answer, don’t put two) : )

I know there is a lot of channels that we’d like to see FTA but aren’t. Here’s where you can shine. So the question is…………….

What two channels that are not FTA right now do you wish would be FTA? (has to be a legit channel out there). This can be anywhere in the world (that ought to give some good answers)

My two are pretty easy
WDIO, which is the Duluth ABC. They have UMD hockey. It’s the only reason I still have Dish Network (lets see…13 bucks times 12 months is 156 bucks savings a year…pays for a new receiver) :D
Second would have to be CBC. I know they were FTA a long time ago, and I’d be happy if they were free again :D

I would like to see a couple of televisa network channels, they are on c-band Digicipher 2 on satmex 5, but I would like to see them on KU band. Wishfull thinking I guess!

FX - Which doesn't even seem to be available on C-band paid subscription service :(.

Tough call on the 2nd one... maybe the Military Channel / Discovery channels.

Oln & Speed

I'm gonna have to say...

Outdoor Life Network (OLN) - I just pointed my new 6' to G10 for the Outdoor Channel but OLN carries FLW Tour, Bassmasters Tour, Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston, and Hank Parker Outdoors. :D

Speed Channel - I really enjoy Hooters Pro Cup, World Outlaws, Craftsmen Truck Series, and the occasional Lawn Mower racing! :)

FTA & OTA are my only means of TV currently and I really miss these two channels. Does anyone know where i can subscribe to these a la carte, if so, PM me.

Can I vote for ESPN? Man, if that was FTA, I'd be pumped. And this year to get the Outdoor Life Network would be pretty sweet for the NHL. Otherwise I'd just go for more regional fox, cbs, abc....maybe a consistent NBC would be nice...(I'm on Ku...)

beaverdown said:
Can I vote for ESPN? Man, if that was FTA, I'd be pumped. And this year to get the Outdoor Life Network would be pretty sweet for the NHL. Otherwise I'd just go for more regional fox, cbs, abc....maybe a consistent NBC would be nice...(I'm on Ku...)

yes you can...The FFP is always a fun hypothetical question that I like to do so there really isn't any wrong answers. This one I thought of because there are lots of stuff that is either
-scrambled
-on C-band and we can't get it
-on a satellite across the ocean
-on a different setup (like on Dish, Direct, SC, etc)

and NFLST doesn't count as one :D

I would like to see RTE from Ireland, and something other than BBC America from the UK

Mike

AMEN!

I would like BBC Scotland and STV. (Scottish TV)

I can wish : )

Sci Fi and USA. I cant see paying a lot for a channel that isnt commercial free, if you know what I mean ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)