Friday fun poll time!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I must agree...

1) BBC channel(s) (any that show new or classic DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!)
2) Others from Europe (in English)

would also love to see more euro/asian television translated to english...

bum bum ba bum ba...bum bum ba bum ba...
bum bum ba bum ba...
oooooooooweeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooo.......
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooo.......
waaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh........

remember the tune? :D singing on the forums!?!

sorry guys....weird mood tonight.... :bounce

My wish list would be upn57 from philadelphia and fox 29 from philadelphia. I will add a 3rd on comcast sportnet philly. Get the idea..I want more Philadelphia sports. While on the fantasy....I want winning Philadelphia sports.

I would go for Science. Both fiction and nonfiction.

#1 The Sci Fi Channel

#2 The Science Channel

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Fox News and my local CBS affiliate WIVB.
I don't remember if you had your setup back then, but a while back Fox News used to be on IA6. What was really cool about this FTA channel was its 2nd audio track. It was the director/producer/etc. directing the whole production, the cameras, switching between live camera angles and various footage, and so on. Very educational stuff.

I would vote to have Discovery Health Channel and maybe a movie channel.

TuxCoder said:
I don't remember if you had your setup back then, but a while back Fox News used to be on IA6. What was really cool about this FTA channel was its 2nd audio track. It was the director/producer/etc. directing the whole production, the cameras, switching between live camera angles and various footage, and so on. Very educational stuff.

Oh yeah.....very cool! I would almost Pay for that kinda stuff! :D

I would love it if Aljazeera TV from Qatar were FTA.
The second one is Aljazeera Sports. It's rather new addition to the strong news network and I heard lots of great things about it.

??????I am going to cheat, and list 3 stations.

1. TBS???
2. ?????
3. ?????

(hurray for UTF-8 support!)

For those of the English speaking community, they are:

1. Tokyo Broadcasting Service http://www.tbs.co.jp/
2. TV Tokyo http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/
3. TV Asahi http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/

Unforunately, I do not have a 50meter antenna, and big ass mirrors to get around the planet. That, and there is no FTA version of these channels anywhere.

Two that have potential:

1) Euronews, tho technically FTA in the US, is not Ku.
2) CBC. Between This Hour Has 22 Minutes, Air Farce, and Red Green (and Made in Canada reruns) I may be set for a long time.

Two that are long-shots:
1) Cartoon Network. What can I say? I like Scooby Doo and Family Guy.
2) ABC from Down Under.

DiscoLoveGrapes said:
2) CBC. Between This Hour Has 22 Minutes, Air Farce, and Red Green (and Made in Canada reruns) I may be set for a long time.

Thats my morning in a nutshell.. 10:30am to 12:30pm.. on the Hallafax feed (Atlantic Time), This Hour has 22 Minutes, Red Green Show, Gags, and Royal Canadian Air Farce

Before the CBC Labour Dispute, it was 11am to 12:30p.. Red Gree, 22 Minutes, and Air Farce

Diamond Jim said:
YES Network-because yes, I'm a Yankee fan.

CBC- Why, because they have other great programs besides RED GREEN.

And I used to like you Jim, NESN and all the European FTA feeds off of Astra, Can not seem to find a large enough pole to be able to see the other side of the world. :D

I would like to see TCM and AMC. A few years ago AMC was in the clear on HITS and I enjoyed seeing the old Tarzan movies. The trivia by the person (was it James Burke??) at the start and end of the movies was great. He did his trivia at Radio City Music Hall. No comercials also added to the pleasure of the viewings. I do not have C-band, only Ku, but at that time was able to receive it in the clear on my StarChoice (4DTV) DC-II receiver.

Thank You..Larry

I agree with Mike1234 BBC for Dr. Who. Especially the new series. Not going to be released in the US, from what I understand.

I'd like to see a bunch of channels ITC. Like all the lower end cable stations that used to be this way back in the early days. I got started with C-Band in '94 and there was still a few channels out there unscrambled and analog. I'd like that again on DVB. Also the backhauls and wild feeds. To some extent this is available on FTA, but not entirely.

jollyrgr said:
I agree with Mike1234 BBC for Dr. Who. Especially the new series. Not going to be released in the US, from what I understand.

Thats why you sign up for Starchoice, to get CBC.. only $20/month!

I liked this "season" of Dr Who.. twas really good :yes

ultatryon said:
Thats why you sign up for Starchoice, to get CBC.. only $20/month!

you get more than just CBC...but between CBC & TSN thats the main reason I have SC :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts