Friday install, have 1 question......

Notrightfly

Original poster
May 4, 2005
I'm trying to decide exactly which 2 tv's to hook up to my 522, and I need an answer to this question.

If I understand the whole 522 thing as far as recording....

If I'm watching TV1 and recording a program on TV2, and decide to turn off TV1 to go watch TV2 (whether it be the recording channel or something else), when turning on TV2 and being prompted that something is recording, can you switch the recording back to TV1 and not loose the program being recorded?

I think so.

Kinda glad I got the 510 instead of the 522 heard nothing but problems with the 522

Notrightfly said:
I'm trying to decide exactly which 2 tv's to hook up to my 522, and I need an answer to this question.

If I understand the whole 522 thing as far as recording....

If I'm watching TV1 and recording a program on TV2, and decide to turn off TV1 to go watch TV2 (whether it be the recording channel or something else), when turning on TV2 and being prompted that something is recording, can you switch the recording back to TV1 and not loose the program being recorded?
No, you can't switch a recording from one tuner to the other in the middle of the recording without breaking the program into two segments.

maximum said:
No, you can't switch a recording from one tuner to the other in the middle of the recording without breaking the program into two segments.

Actually you can do this.

You must be at the receiver. Switch to single mode, hit swap once on one of the remotes and then switch back to dual mode. Now it is on the other tv. I haven't done this yet on L2.36 but it should still work.

Mike H

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)