Friday Night Lights

Exclusive: 'Friday Night Lights' close to scoring a renewal?

I read today that Direct and NBC are looking to pick up Friday Night Lights for 2 more seasons. Nothing final but it is great news.

Sorry. No link.
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclusive: 'Friday Night Lights' close to scoring a renewal? | Friday Night Lights | Ausiello Files | EW.com

It's not quite a touchdown yet, but at least they're near the end zone. Sources confirm to me exclusively that NBC is engaged in active talks with DirecTV to extend their unique shared-window experiment with Friday Night Lights. But there's a catch -- and it's a good one. According to an insider close to the negotiations, DTV and NBC might only seal the deal if they can get – holy Connie Britton Taylor! -- a two-season pickup.
Though a spokesperson for NBC Universal declined to comment, a Peacock insider acknowledges that the studio is "actively looking at ways to keep FNL going." Another NBC source adds, "We're very optimistic a deal will be worked out."
The one possible complication? The show's behind-the-scenes quarterback, Jason Katims, is attached to NBC's buzzy Parenthood pilot. If it's picked up, he would either do double duty or be forced to make a choice. Similarly, the show's go-to director, Jeffrey Reiner, is helming NBC's Trauma pilot. FNL might be able to carry on without one of its MVPs, but both? Hmm…
But maybe it's too soon to be wringing our hands over changes to the lineup. Once we have a pickup under our belt, then we can worry about such things. And while we wait for the official word, let's show NBC and DirecTV what a wise decision they would be making by keeping FNL alive by sounding off below.

Just think, with its low ratings people were thinking that it was going to be taken off the air. There is no other show like this on tv so it makes it unique. I think once it goes into syndication that it would do just as well which is why they are probably trying to keep the show around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts