Fringe Areas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

zanderbz

Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
Anybody living in a fringe area getting Directv with an old Cband dish (big mesh dish 12'). Just curious, I've lost a few channels and have been told that's the solution. I would also really like to get HD channels. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

I have read on here about people on the fringe having to use bigger dishes (they also complained about lost transponders (channels), though it should be noted that they were in other countries), this started ever since D* readjusted their footprints, other than that, not much more I can say about it, at the least, it bumps this up for someone else to answer.

Last edited:
You also need to be specific with you location. That will allow users in past similar situations (or with high knowledge) to offer specific help. Right now the scenario is just too vague. I will say I know some people using 10' mesh dishes with the DBS LNB attachment to get core DBS programming, but they get their HD via 4DTV not with the DBS LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts