Fringe: Season 3

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Wow! It's been so long that I completely forgot about this one. Thank goodness I have a Tivo Season Pass and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it recording a short while ago. This season holds a lot of promise since both universes are at war.

Last night's show was a little slow, but it served to lay the groundwork for the rest of the season. However, I do have a nagging question in the back of my mind: Season One focused on the team investing "Fringe" events based on paranormal activities - they lightly touched on the existence of a parallel world. Season two started out with the Fringe team investigating seemingly paranormal events, but they began focusing more attention on the events leading to the existence and overlapping of both worlds. However, the show still managed to toss-in some paranormal events that were not directly related to the coming War of the Worlds. Can I assume the focus of the Season 3 will e an escalating series of events (i.e., moving their pawns and weapons between worlds) which culminates in full-scale war later this season? Will there be any of the routine paranormal investigations going on during this time?

Also, can a MOD please change the title of this thread to, "Fringe: Season 3."

Thanks!!!

Last night's show was a little slow, but it served to lay the groundwork for the rest of the season. However, I do have a nagging question in the back of my mind: Season One focused on the team investing "Fringe" events based on paranormal activities - they lightly touched on the existence of a parallel world. Season two started out with the Fringe team investigating seemingly paranormal events, but they began focusing more attention on the events leading to the existence and overlapping of both worlds. However, the show still managed to toss-in some paranormal events that were not directly related to the coming War of the Worlds. Can I assume the focus of the Season 3 will e an escalating series of events (i.e., moving their pawns and weapons between worlds) which culminates in full-scale war later this season? Will there be any of the routine paranormal investigations going on during this time?

Thanks!!!

Since there a probably no show writers on this board, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.;)

Season 3 just started last night, great show and I´d love that every other episode the team tackles a "weird" or paranormal event. ;)

Season 3 just started last night, great show and I´d love that every other episode the team tackles a "weird" or paranormal event. ;)
Yep, that's what I love about the show...it jumped around from daily paranormal events and the War of the Worlds theme. Sometimes they were intermixed - sometimes they weren't. I just don't want the writes to focus all their time on the War of the Worlds theme since that would get a boring. Like KAB mention...we shall see.

Does anybody else think we'll be seeing more of the cab driver?
I would be inclined to say no, but they sure did spend a lot of time providing background information on the character and his building a trust relationship with Agent Dunham.

Also, as much as I like Walter...I cannot stand Walternate - I like almost nothing about the character. That's funny considering both characters
are played by John Noble (made you look!).

Just finished the first episode. I'm not sure I like where this season is going so far. I agree with others that the "X-files" aspect of alternating between normal storyline and unrelated stories helped to keep the show fresh. I'm worried with it being all about the alternate universe it is going to die a slow death.

Just finished the first episode. I'm not sure I like where this season is going so far. I agree with others that the "X-files" aspect of alternating between normal storyline and unrelated stories helped to keep the show fresh. I'm worried with it being all about the alternate universe it is going to die a slow death.
Bingo! You get my post of the day award. :) Unfortunatley, the cash value (much like a coupon) is 1/1000th of a cent. :eek:

I would be inclined to say no, but they sure did spend a lot of time providing background information on the character and his building a trust relationship with Agent Dunham.

He stuck around watching her, then peeled off. That's why I think he is part of the plot. Plus, he was too good an actor to be wasted on one ep. An agent for William Bell to protect her??? Think about it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts