From 300 to 500 ?

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
My mom has a 3000 receiver and a Dish 300 (single legacy LNB). If I set up one of my old Dish 500 dishes with a twin legacy LNB, will she be able to get locals and Dish 500 programming?

If that doesn't work, I have a 4900 receiver. I wonder if Dish will let me just swap in my receiver and change over?
Would it work to put her card (out of the 3000) into the 4900 and call up and subscribe to locals?

My mom has a 3000 receiver and a Dish 300 (single legacy LNB). If I set up one of my old Dish 500 dishes with a twin legacy LNB, will she be able to get locals and Dish 500 programming?

You haven't said what city her locals come from. In any case, Spokane and Yakima are on 110 and Seattle is on 119. Both satellites are receivable with a Dish 500.
I would say yes, she will get locals and the rest of the Dish 500 programming. :up

You can do what your asking on the 300 to 500 upgrade, however you wont be able to swap cards. I would recommend that you upgrade her to your 4900 if your not using it as it is a better receiver than the 3000 and should perform better for her. You must be sure to run a check switch to verify sats and devices, exit out of the signal strength screen and it should ask you if the dish is locked down at wich point you should select yes and allow it to download the latest software it will need. If it does not then go into the system info screen and then power off the receiver by the front panel, after about 30 seconds it should start to download current software and be useable in 5 - 10 mins depending on how long it has been without service.

Seattle locals

I think I'll take all the stuff over there and change the dish first and see what happens.
Then I can switch to the 4900. The 4900 has only been out of service for about 5 weeks

Thanks guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)