from 322 receiver to a 2nd tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chemendengue

Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Canada
I do have a 322 receiver connected to a Dish Pro quad lnb off which I am using one coax connected to sat1 and using one tv. Now I want to connect a 2nd tv via tuner 2 output on the back of the 322, with a coax, to the second tv and use remote #2 for it. What else do I need to do to get the 2nd tv. running. Thanks

From the information posted I suggest you call DISH and setup a service call. That way you can be sure you have the correct equipment and correctly connected. Invest in the service plan and it should be cheap.

The TV2 output uses the TV2 satellite tuner. You need to connect BOTH tuners to that quad LNB. If you absolutely cannot run another cable, then you could swap the quad for a DishPro Plus twin. The ProPlus twin only has 2 receiver outputs, however...

Sorry for the lack of info. I already have 2 coax running from lnb's and connected to sat1 and sat2, and another coax from the tuner 2 output on the back of the 322 to the 2nd tv. But I am not getting signal on it. I didn't mention this because I was expecting to hear from you guys to confirm what I've done. Do I have to do something for the new set up to be acknowledge by the system. Thanks.

Connect receiver to existing antenna; turn on receiver; check switch, save; call Dish to activate.

If you don't have a picture on TV2, it just needs to be matched to the modulator output of the rec.
You need to determine if the TV is in cable or off air mode and what the modulator in the rec is currently set to.
If it is in cable mode try ch. 73
If it is in off-air mode try ch. 60

To change the modulator in the rec, I think it is: menu 6-1-5 on a 322

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)