From an installer, thanks again Dish...

Why would she be willing to pay you $140 to replace the receiver?

If you can get away with that why would anyone want to do business with you or any retailer for that matter?

Something is not right about this and if I were her I would find out what it is.

Why would she be willing to pay you $140 to replace the receiver?

If you can get away with that why would anyone want to do business with you or any retailer for that matter?

Something is not right about this and if I were her I would find out what it is.

A service call is a flat rate of $95. I do not make up this fee, it is set by Dish. We charge an additional fee to pay for shipping since we have to send that receiver back to Dish and that cost comes out of our pocket. There is also a lot of time and paperwork to take a receiver out of our inventory, send the customer's receiver back to Dish, get an RA so they send us back a receiver to put in or inventory and try to keep track of everything. Basically we're charging about $20 for shipping and another $20 for our time. It's almost like trying to run a business.

Now that being said, we give the customer options. We could have had Dish ship her a receiver and let her swap it out and sent back the bad one but she wanted nothing to do with it. We could have Dish ship her a new one and then come back to her house to hook it up for her but she still have to pay the service call of $95. She would have saved on the shipping and processing though.

There is absolutely no one that is going to be at her house the day it goes bad and have it swapped out in the same day for free. If they want it done for free they have the option to but then they have to wait a few days without TV.

Edit: Just want to mention that this is not a work order from Dish. The customer called us to fix her problem along with checking out her refrigerator.

OK ... better explained now. If she called you then absolutely she needs to pay the service call.

Quite a combo ... the refrigerator and a disk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)