From Comcast Xfinity X1 Seattle to Dish September 2017

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BeingME

Original poster
Sep 10, 2017
Lynnwood, WA
Hello: Seeking advice and perspective on hypothetically switching from Comcast Xfinity X1 Snohomish county, Washington state (just north of Seattle) to Dish. We've got a good view to the south. Don't have to worry about trees. Had DTV on day one in 1992 in michigan. Had grey maket Bell for a while in 2008 to 2010. Contract is just about up with Xfinity. Thinking of busting a quad play down to xfinity internet and xfinity home security along with copper wire Frontier landline phone and Dish retailer. other options are Dish thru frontier. other options are Dish thru the 800 number. don't know if frontier and fios is compatible with wife's strong desire to remain with xfinity internet.

Any suggestions.

From what I've read on satellite guys forums the perceptions of HD-lite on Dish are slight on plasma at 64 inch and 55 inch OLED TV. Is the picture quality an issue ? I've seen dish on display at retailer in Monroe, WA and it seems fine. I'm still confused by the channel chart at dish dot com about which are HD and which are SD.

I've read herein that HOPPER 3 HAS a BETTER PICTURE QUALITY pq. is that true.

anyone switched from X-1 to Dish recently ?

primary motivation is to save some dollars. but i do like a lot of channels.

I've seen another thread herein recently about encoder improvements. is that just eastern arc ?

How is the Customer support with Dish 800 number?

is the integration with netflix and sling, you tube etc. decent ? how is the on-demand?

Is EPIX anything special? how is the sound quality on sonic siriusXM audio channels. is that feed from internet stream or low-quality siriusXM satellite ?

Thank you for reading thru this.

signed,

"BeingME"

Reactions: HipKat
You mention seeing the Southern sky, that isn't the direction you need to see it is the West where the ARC with your locals is located.
Honestly alot of what you are asking are in very current threads, have you looked around to see some of those threads? In addition some of what you are asking is subjective as you will see varying answers in those threads.

Hello: Seeking advice and perspective on hypothetically switching from Comcast Xfinity X1 Snohomish county, Washington state (just north of Seattle) to Dish. We've got a good view to the south. Don't have to worry about trees. Had DTV on day one in 1992 in michigan. Had grey maket Bell for a while in 2008 to 2010. Contract is just about up with Xfinity. Thinking of busting a quad play down to xfinity internet and xfinity home security along with copper wire Frontier landline phone and Dish retailer. other options are Dish thru frontier. other options are Dish thru the 800 number. don't know if frontier and fios is compatible with wife's strong desire to remain with xfinity internet.

Any suggestions.

From what I've read on satellite guys forums the perceptions of HD-lite on Dish are slight on plasma at 64 inch and 55 inch OLED TV. Is the picture quality an issue ? I've seen dish on display at retailer in Monroe, WA and it seems fine. I'm still confused by the channel chart at dish dot com about which are HD and which are SD.

I've read herein that HOPPER 3 HAS a BETTER PICTURE QUALITY pq. is that true.

anyone switched from X-1 to Dish recently ?

primary motivation is to save some dollars. but i do like a lot of channels.

I've seen another thread herein recently about encoder improvements. is that just eastern arc ?

How is the Customer support with Dish 800 number?

is the integration with netflix and sling, you tube etc. decent ? how is the on-demand?

Is EPIX anything special? how is the sound quality on sonic siriusXM audio channels. is that feed from internet stream or low-quality siriusXM satellite ?

Thank you for reading thru this.

signed,

"BeingME"

From someone that has only been with Dish for a week, just switched from DTV I will answer a few of the questions.

Their first level customer service on the 800 number is no where as good as DTV. They don't seem to be educated on the product and seems like they just don't care. Once you get past that first level it's great.

The sling works great. I love the Dish Anywhere app. I have had no problems with that. I also bought the HopperGo ($36 on eBay) and my son has it full of SpongeBob and all of his other shows for car rides. He can watch it with his kindle fire. I myself also download the shows directly to my phone. Works great if I don't have Wifi and don't want to blow up my data plan.

I have a LG Smart TV and Netflix is much faster through my Hopper 3. No lag. Using a Hopper Internet Connector and getting about 110 Mbps from my upstairs router to my downstairs hopper. That is via the coax cable.

On Demand is also better than DTV. That could be because of the HIC and the speed I am getting.

I have Sirius XM in my truck and part of the reason I jumped to Dish is for XM. Works great. Sounds better then my truck system. I play it as background noise all the time.

Good luck.

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
You mention seeing the Southern sky, that isn't the direction you need to see it is the West where the ARC with your locals is located.
Honestly alot of what you are asking are in very current threads, have you looked around to see some of those threads? In addition some of what you are asking is subjective as you will see varying answers in those threads.

Also have clear view to the West. I've looked thru the threads herein. the other discussions are dominated with a discussion of DTV vs. Dish comparision. I'm wondering how it all stacks up against Xfinity X-1.

also there is an undercurrent of hesitation among other posters in that years ago DISH seemed to nickle and dime customers. with the two year price guarantee recently that is no longer a concern.

Thank you for your time.

Signed,

"BeingME"

From someone that has only been with Dish for

I have Sirius XM in my truck and part of the reason I jumped to Dish is for XM. Works great. Sounds better then my truck system. I play it as background noise all the time.

Good luck.

Thanks for the information. am highlighting that SiruisXM sounds realy good on DISH. There's value there

Thank you as well for the other information that you provided.

Signed,

"BeingME"

If you go to mydish.com they have a better lineup guide that shows things clearer.

If you switch, make sure you get the Hopper 3.

Thank you greatly for the URL. Just now discovered the comparision charts under upgrades at that url. very good. greatly appreciated.

signed

"BeingME"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts