From hottie to passed out (almost) dead drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsaspook

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Fairview, Oregon
This girl knows how to party.
ht_meagan_harper_071228_ms.jpg

Woman arrested for extreme DUI once starred in music video
Woman charged with drunk driving was about 7x over limit

You can tell she was definitely 15 in the video though a bit more developed physicaly than the average would be. I wonder what posessed Brooks and Dun to use her as the center point of the video. The last time I heard of somone having a blood alcohol level that high was back in Michigan when a drunk driver wiped out a mother and her two boys when he plowed right through the car they were in. The driver had been arested many times prior to this incident in 05 but still had his license and in this incident had been drinking up near central Michigan and drove all the way back into the West suburbs of Detroit where he killed the family. I think at the time his blood alcohol level was 6 - 8 times the normal level and they estimated it may have been even higher.

People like this to have been drinking so much and for so long and their bodies are so used to it that they can have blood alcohol levels that would kill a normal person but you have to wonder what made this woman become such a self destructive raging drunk, atleast she's off the road.

If she was discovered passed out in a car how do they know she was driving?
Most places will charge you with drunk driving for sitting in the driver's seat... or even holding the key to your car in your hand outside near the car... Like they can read your mind and know your intentions

There was a fellow here in my town that got charged with drunk driving just for sitting in his car drunk with the engine running so that the car could heat up and keep him warm until his wife would arrive to pick him up and take him home (since he realized he was too drunk to drive). At least that's his story.. chances are he would have drove away, but the police never gave him the chance. I'm not sure that I care in this instance since he's a drunken fool that probably would have killed someone given the right circumstances.. but if they can do that, then will they someday decide they can charge me with murder just because I have a loaded weapon? Maybe!?

Most places will charge you with drunk driving for sitting in the driver's seat... or even holding the key to your car in your hand outside near the car...
yes but she was passed out, no way she could have drove the car or put the key in the ignition.. She needs a good lawyer.

Apples an oranges, drinking removes inhibitions and impairs thinking, having a loaded gun doesnt.
Apparently you don't know some of the ignorant hicks that I have run into.. put a gun in their hand and they think they major stuff

yes but she was passed out, no way she could have drove the car or put the key in the ignition.. She needs a good lawyer.

As strange a s it sounds you not have to actually be driving to be charge with DUI. In Virginia for instance you merely have to be "in control" of the vehicle and being asleep in the vehicle alone would qualify if you had the keys with you.

I know it sounds odd and i agree with the comment about getting a good lawyer but if you have an elevated BAC find another place to sleep it off than your car.

Apparently you don't know some of the ignorant hicks that I have run into.. put a gun in their hand and they think they major stuff
True it can give someone a superman complex but again apples and oranges.

Now what I cant figure is how a group like brooks and dun got past making that song and video she's in.

As strange a s it sounds you not have to actually be driving to be charge with DUI. In Virginia for instance you merely have to be "in control" of the vehicle and being asleep in the vehicle alone would qualify if you had the keys with you.

I know it sounds odd and i agree with the comment about getting a good lawyer but if you have an elevated BAC find another place to sleep it off than your car.
You can be charged with a lot of things. A conviction is a different matter. There was obviously no intent or ability to operate the vehicle. I doubt the judge would convict. I think her "inability" or disabled state(passed the f*ck out and the ability to drive was the same as if she had no keys at all) would negate the "in control" part of the law.

Last edited:
You can be charged with a lot of things. A conviction is a different matter. There was obviously no intent or ability to operate the vehicle. I doubt the judge would convict. I think her "inability" or disabled state(passed the f*ck out and the ability to drive was the same as if she had no keys at all) would negate the "in control" part of the law.

At some point she would have had to have been "in control" enough to actually get in the car, yes?

I am the first to admit that it seems odd but , yes she could be convicted as the law is written --at least in Va---but your suggestion about getting a lawyer remains a good one.

In Wisconsin that argument has already been fought and lost. I believe it even went to the Wisconsin Supreme court.

In Wisconsin at least, you dont not want to be in the front seat with those keys anywhere around you.

In Wisconsin that argument has already been fought and lost. I believe it even went to the Wisconsin Supreme court.

In Wisconsin at least, you dont not want to be in the front seat with those keys anywhere around you.
What seat was she in?

I am the first to admit that it seems odd but , yes she could be convicted as the law is written --at least in Va---but your suggestion about getting a lawyer remains a good one.
You "Could" be convicted of a lot of things. I'll ask one of the judges here in City Hall or the City attorney. I suspect it wont pass the laugh test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)