From Marc Lumpkin: Dish has no NEED TO USE Dish Wire!!!!!!!!!!!11

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John Quaglino

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
:mad: Here is an email I finally received in response to my numerous emails to Dish.

Hi John,

As an early adopter of new technologies, you are aware that DISH Network often equips satellite TV hardware with additional hardware features that may or may not be used in the future, including some outputs that DISH Network called DISH Wire ports. Although DISH Network did not offer the 921 with DISH Wire activated for any purpose, we were prepared in case we found a need to use them in the future. At this time, we do not have a future use for these ports. However, all the advertised features of the 921 are available for use today and customers are enjoying the ability to watch and record HD programming. I'm sorry to hear that you decided to sell it, but we hope you will consider other DISH Network products in the future. We appreciate your business and that you were one of the original customers purchasing our new DISH Player DVR 921.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc Lumpkin

Director of Corporate Communications

EchoStar Communications Corporation and DISH Network

I'm glad to see they added the ports in case they found a need to use them. I forgot all the times they went on the air and talked about the DVHS dump being contingent on Dish's need to use the Dish Wire ports to archive HD. Silly me, I thought it was my receiver and the question was whether or not I needed/wanted to use the. What a bunch of BS! I'm tired of the lies and lack of direction from Dish. I am finished. I sold it on ebay for a nice profit. I'll go elsewhere. I doubt I'll invest in a DirectTivo at this point. After this experience, I'll give it six months to shake out. I've already got a MyHD for timeshifting OTA HD. It integrates with TitanTV so it has an actual guide for scheduling. There really isn't that much HD on satellite for time shifting for me to justify $1000. It is time for me to sink that money into a front projector!

However, all the advertised features of the 921 are available for use today and customers are enjoying the ability to watch and record HD programming

Really Marc?

Where is the Interactive features like Dish Home which were advertised?
Where is the OTA Guide Data which was advertised?

I have the feeling that Bagdhad Bob is now playing the part of Marc Lumpkin.

What a jerk! I emailed him this and attached the mp3s that scott made available about dish wire and DVHS. What a steaming pile of sh*t.
FREAK!

Pretty bad he says "all advertised features", but let's face it, no answer from dish will be acceptable for what went down with the 921 firewire issue. The only thing they can do is either fix it, or offer a decent return policy for people that are unhappy (heck, with people selling them on ebay for a profit that is not even needed).

Scott Greczkowski said:
Really Marc?

Where is the Interactive features like Dish Home which were advertised?
Where is the OTA Guide Data which was advertised?

I have the feeling that Bagdhad Bob is now playing the part of Marc Lumpkin.
That's an insult to Bagdhad Bob.
We all miss him, those were the good old days.

I got a short reply from Mark
'Marc, were you seeking a refund on your 921?

-Marc Lumpkin'
Here is my reply:
Hi Mark,
Thank you for replying. Actually, no I was not seeking a refund. What I am seeking is some truth and integrity. Please do not read that as an accusation directed at you. It is not intended to be. I and many others feel that there has not been an honest and truthful explanation from Dish of what happened and why the dishwire was scraped after it was promised for DVHS archiving. If dishwire/DVHS has run into some conflicting hardware issue as some have reported, why isn't Dish taking action to correct this via recall or a major discount on the rumored 922. If it is not a hardware flaw that is the issue and it is more a content control issue as others have speculated, why not seek other solutions like firewire hard drive additions that are encrypted to off load content that can only be accessed by the 921. I and many others feel betrayed and I feel that Dish needs to step up to the plate, explain what happened, and what will be done about it.
That's all I am looking for. Accountability.
FREAK!

metallicafreak said:
I got a short reply from Mark
'Marc, were you seeking a refund on your 921?

-Marc Lumpkin'
Here is my reply:
Hi Mark,
Thank you for replying. Actually, no I was not seeking a refund. What I am seeking is some truth and integrity. Please do not read that as an accusation directed at you. It is not intended to be. I and many others feel that there has not been an honest and truthful explanation from Dish of what happened and why the dishwire was scraped after it was promised for DVHS archiving. If dishwire/DVHS has run into some conflicting hardware issue as some have reported, why isn't Dish taking action to correct this via recall or a major discount on the rumored 922. If it is not a hardware flaw that is the issue and it is more a content control issue as others have speculated, why not seek other solutions like firewire hard drive additions that are encrypted to off load content that can only be accessed by the 921. I and many others feel betrayed and I feel that Dish needs to step up to the plate, explain what happened, and what will be done about it.
That's all I am looking for. Accountability.
FREAK!

Why do I get the feeling that you won't be seeing a response that addresses your questions?

I emailed him a week later and got a reply 'will coment soon. I am still going through my email' what a crock of sh*t. So I emailed him earlier today saying are you done going through your email yet?
FREAK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)