From Paul Maxwell's website....

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
Paul Maxwell who owns mediabiz.com is the former head of "The Evening Bridge" which was at one point skyreport.com, reported the following:
DirecTV To Acquire DISH Subs

DISH CEO Joe Clayton, noting it "is simply ludicrous to use so many satellites to duplicately send the same signals to people," announced early this morning that DirecTV would assume service to ALL DISH households by the end of this year at a price of $10,000/subscriber. "This move," Clayton asserted, "means DISH can become the best and biggest, dominant wireless broadband provider in the world .

I am not entirely sure what it is that I am reading here.
Let's discuss.

Ok...It looks like i got April Fooled..
I am leaving this thread up as a sign that even relatively smart people can be duped.
Ok guys, let me have it...

Just to put a nail in this April Fools Joke, $10K/subscriber X 14 million subscribers is $140 billion.

NPR had a much better story about a linguistics team recording the war stories of dolphins that served in the military.

Were would the profit come from if you're buying customers at $10k each. ??? It would be okay if each sub was paying $12k per month. but a majority of subs are paying under $150 per month.
So yeah that would be an April Fool.

A good April Fool's would be something that at least comes close to somewhat believable. Better luck next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts