FRONTIER WANT OUT OF CABLE RECOMMENDS DIRECT TV /DISH

Wow. I wonder what could turn this around.

I must say, talking with people there working for the government, is a pleasure compared to elsewhere. Real people answer the phones.

There is simply too much competition in some areas. In my backyard, I have the following...

DISH Network
Directv
Comcast
U-Verse
Wow Cable

At first it was just Comcast, Dish and Directv, then AT&T Uverse decided to wire our area about a year ago. Now we got Wow cable coming in also.

Not saying competition is a bad thing, but you try splitting the pie 5 ways now and it makes it that much harder to accuire and keep customers, and you wonder why these companies have to raise rates to maintain a profit.

FiOS is Hot, it's a bust when you don't have it. I have triple play UltimateTV 25/25Mbps for $95 ($30 off)for 12 mos. Too good to pass up 3 for 2 services. If they cut video hello D* for sports unless E* get MLB-EI. FiOS is not going away, unless Frontier kills it, then Verizon can buy us back. Comcast tv, no way, I'm into distant sports in HD, hence DISH AT120+.

Last edited:
Let's see: Fiber bandwidth vs coax bandwidth vs twisted pair bandwidth vs already overcrowded airwaves........ Hmmmmm. Is there a magic fairy in the future?

I'd say it's turned out to be much harder than expected to get people to change their habits and move from something "good enough" to something "better." But over the long run......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)