froyo for droid leaked

that must be because you are using Launcher Pro instead of ADW? I have used both, and find the normal up and down to be better for me; but it is so much more responsive than the 3D drawer.

I like some of the icons, but not the ones that have HTC labels in them. I'll keep playing with it. I wish you could change themes without having to re-flash the entire rom every time.
HTC labels are not that good looking. A really cool new rom is coming!! :up

mike I am not using launcher pro, just his stock launcher that came with it, its VERY responsive and fast!

WHen I installed the rom, it came with two browsers: ADL and Launcher Pro; there was no standard Froyo stock launcher. The first time I hit HOME I had to choose between the two. But ADL is extremely fast, so I am fine with it. Its app drawer is faster than the 3D one.

Speaking of jrummy - here is my new setup

droid1.jpg

droid2.jpg

droid3.jpg

I just got an email saying Sling mobile is now available for Android, but it is $30.

I am flashing the new Kangerade as I speak; this one needed a wipe, which sucks, but it has enough goodies built in that it is worth it. I am up to the flashing eye after the backup and flashing. This version includes the fix for google maps, plus it allows app2sd, and goes back to the stock Froyo launcher (you can download AWD from the market).

I hate that initial eye flash upon a new install... it takes so long, and always freaks me out. Come on baby, you can do it... :D

Mike after looking at it I am using adw launcher.

I knew it had to be, since it has the option on the app drawer. I'll try the stock drawer at 900Mhz and see how it works, and then make my choice.

I made it through the flash, now syncing with google to restore stuff....

Kangerade 1.1 needed a full wipe/data/cache (it apparently will work without one if you are coming from Kangerage 1.0, but the google maps fix seemed to work better with the wipe, so I did the wipe; and I have to say this rom is flying. It is extremely fast. Of course I am OC'd at 1000MHz on demand, which helps.

I now have more than half of my apps residing on the SD card, although I am not sure how much of a difference that makes.

The battery gauge now shows the percentage, in 10% increments. Very nice.

I just loaded up satguys, in the browser, and the pages just flew by.

Which makes sense; google released Froyo to manufacturers last week; they need to have whatever time to tweak HOW they want (and disable features that they don't want, like tethering :( ), and then make a plan to release it to millions of devices.

I hope it does make it to Droid-land next month for folks like my sister who live non-rooted (and thank god for that, as I could not deal with the pain in the butt of trying to coach her through that stuff over the phone!). :D

I have OTA-updates turned off on my Droid. I have quickly realized that I prefer living as a rebel. :)

Well I guess I will give it a go on the root route tonight or this weekend.

Well I guess I will give it a go on the root route tonight or this weekend.

About time. :D

You'll need to go through the RSDLite and SPRecovery route to stock 2.2 before you can use rom manager to get to jrummy or BB, but I suspect by this weekend, there will be new versions of a lot - including Cyanogen 6.

Yeah, I am still running that 'omg, another leak @ 10:30pm' froyo from a couple of weeks ago, waiting until the good roms coming before messing with it again.

I only upgraded to kangerade 1.1 because of the App2SD. But I am sure I'll upgrade to the FRF82 version (I think that is the build number) when it comes out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)