froyo for droid leaked

I am still surprised I chose to do this today, but I couldn't resist getting some froyo goodies. :)

Overclocked, flash is running, can do screen-caps :), and apparently (haven't tested yet) can tether via USB.

Attachments

• CAP201006071845.jpg
    CAP201006071845.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 111
Did a benchmark with "Quadrant" which I downloaded from the MArketplace, and which I found on Droid Life.

The first is with my droid set on "on demand" from 250mhz to 1100mhz; the second is set to "performance" at 1100 Mhz.

No clue what this will do to battery life, but its fun just to play. :)

Attachments

• CAP201006071910.jpg
    CAP201006071910.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 97
  • CAP201006071912.jpg
    CAP201006071912.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 112
I got about 885 at 800 mhz, dont know if I want to travel up to 1+......dont really see benefits in doing that as opposed to 800mhz which people say make the droid run very smooth and much better battery life!

I got about 885 at 800 mhz, dont know if I want to travel up to 1+......dont really see benefits in doing that as opposed to 800mhz which people say make the droid run very smooth and much better battery life!

The nice thing is even though the kernel goes to 1100, you can max it at whatever you want; I was thinking 800 is where I'd end up. Right now I am just playing with the thing to see what it will do.

This is NOT the most stable rom in the world, I have had several force closes, but its ok to live on the wild side; I am just waiting for google to release the source code, so Bugless Beast can crank out a rom.

Mydroidworld just went down, it's like I came upon the holy grail of information and I left it on my desk at work or something and can't go get it until tomorrow.

Edit: looks like it's because there's a new leak, and reportedly includes Chrome to Phone stuff.

Last edited:
The nice thing is even though the kernel goes to 1100, you can max it at whatever you want; I was thinking 800 is where I'd end up. Right now I am just playing with the thing to see what it will do.

This is NOT the most stable rom in the world, I have had several force closes, but its ok to live on the wild side; I am just waiting for google to release the source code, so Bugless Beast can crank out a rom.
800 IS PERFECT for every day use!! 1000 or over in the winter months in my opinion. Yes i know you can do it year round but why? As soon as we get more apps to sd then you will see more speed increases!:up

Mydroidworld just went down, it's like I came upon the holy grail of information and I left it on my desk at work or something and can't go get it until tomorrow.

Edit: looks like it's because there's a new leak, and reportedly includes Chrome to Phone stuff.
Works pretty good. Sometimes almost instant other times wait a bit. :D

800 > stock? I've never had a rooted droid before now, I'll have to wait until mydroidworld is back up to even find instructions on how to install the overclock stuff :(
800 runs really good! The droid is underclocked at 550. It's a 600mgz cpu. When overclocked they can out perform snapdragon cpu's.

I didnt wipe data/cache this time... sitting here staring at a Droid eyeball wondering how long i should give it before rebooting it and doing it right, bah. You do your updates with CW or SPR?

Edit: and im good! Now to poke around about OC'ing it.

Edit: looks like I've lost Swype with this version, will have to try a reinstall later, changing the input type back and forth isnt fixing it like before.

Edit: Tried 4-5 links sent to my phone over 3G... all of them within 5 seconds. Pretty awesome. Google some directions and send them to my phone.... it opened a map and all i had to do was change the origination point to 'my location' and hit OK, then can easily hit navigate and get turn by turn.

Last edited:
I just dont understand what i do with update.zip, do i have to put it in the nandroid folder for the boot loader to see it? Or am I doing it wrong?

Edit: OK im dumb/tired, i didnt see the install option

800 OC here I come.

Swype is fine, had to uninstall/reinstall, normally when it is broke (and this was the case with the evenings earlier version of Froyo) all you have to do is cycle between input methods and it fixed itself.

I'm able to move some small apps to the SD card! Not many support it yet.

At 800mhz on demand, and the latest 2.2, I am just a touch below the Moto Shadow at 1018 on Quadrant

Last edited:
800 runs really good! The droid is underclocked at 550. It's a 600mgz cpu. When overclocked they can out perform snapdragon cpu's.

I need to flash the NEW Froyo leak that apparently came out last night; This time I can use Rom Manager to do it! And when I do, I will switch to the 800MHz flash. The one I have now allows me to go from 1100 to 900 to 700, but for whatever reason won't slide to 800.

With SetCPU which settings are you using? On Demand? Performance? That is an app that I could seriously benefit from a tutorial on. It is just not clear to me what the different settings do.

*sits with a thumb up his butt waiting for Google to grace his Nexus One with 2.2 so he stops feeling like a jackass getting this phone with the promise of updates before everyone else...*

BTW, for anyone doing this custom rom thing, it is very valuable to have My Backup Pro installed. And to backup your contacts/calendar/SMS/call log, etc.... the call log and SMS stuff all disappears with the new rom, but it is easily recoverable. I have used it a few times so far, and works like a charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)