froyo for droid leaked

mike, dont forget this
chrometophone - Project Hosting on Google Code

and I flashed the new rom, it took care of google maps updating problem through market, and also enabled chrome to phone!

firefox works too! Oh and dont forget we know have bluetooth voice dialing (finally!!!!!!!!)

I saw Chrome to phone; I installed the extension in Chrome.

Need to deal with over-clocking right now. BTW, I love using Rom Manager, so much easier than the Power - X combo; it just gets you where you need to be.

James - one question: Did you install the new baseband? Did it require you to reactivate the phone? If so, what was that process?

Folks, there is yet another baseband out.... apparently you need to install the first upgrade before installing the second. For the time being I will wait, I think.

Damn it, I tried to install the kernel, using ClockModRevover, and now all I am getting is no service screen, which as soon as I unlock, it goes back to the eye. GRRRRR...... Not sure what on earth I am to do now.

Got nandroid to restore the system, but of course my backup from the new froyo is what corrupted, so I am back to the froyo from yesterday, and have to go through the process all over again. No idea what I did wrong. Grrrr...... oh what a wonderful world :)

But I guess I am learning through this process!!!

Well, back to new Froyo... google is downloading apps again. :) I think I know I screwed up with the kernel. and will try again once everything gets downloaded, and after I create a nandroid backup of the new Froyo. Ah, joy!

James - one question: Did you install the new baseband? Did it require you to reactivate the phone? If so, what was that process?

Yes it was as easy as going to Tom manager install Tom from SD card and seectinfg. Baseband update.....and I installed the old new one not the new new one.....:)

Well, back to new Froyo... google is downloading apps again. :) I think I know I screwed up with the kernel. and will try again once everything gets downloaded, and after I create a nandroid backup of the new Froyo. Ah, joy!

Its the same instructions as baseband
....Tom manager install Tom from SD card.

Its the same instructions as baseband
....Tom manager install Tom from SD card.

I wasn't familiar with Tom manager; I will look it up. ROM manager is doing a backup of Froyo 2(as I am calling it) as I speak. Google lost a few apps in the restore (stuff that was not through the marketplace, like audible, Sirius XM, and Flash, so I need to get those back.

Rocky, did you play around enough at the higher frequency to get a reading on how battery life suffers?

Rocky, did you play around enough at the higher frequency to get a reading on how battery life suffers?

Nah, I was using it so heavily last night, there is no way to tell; and I re-flashed to the new version this morning. But I will play with it. And maybe flash the faster kernel later. Right now I have a 900MHz kernel, but have it maxed at 800.

Two apps will not restore with the paid version. I suspect they will show up someday when Froyo's marketplace is official, but I can no longer access Documents to Go full version; and can't even order it; same with Weather Bug Elite, which I just bought last week. It won't even show up in the marketplace. Oh well, the bummer is that one of the programs is called Walt Disney World Maps Box set - and I got that for my trip next week.

Can no longer find the APK file anywhere, and it is not showing up in the marketplace.

Check again? I am downloading the Main App for Docs 2 Go right now, there was a problem on the marketplace that was recently resolved, some apps not showing up.

I've never opeend docs to go, so was opening the key app for the first time since that sale a few weeks ago.

Check again? I am downloading the Main App for Docs 2 Go right now, there was a problem on the marketplace that was recently resolved, some apps not showing up.

I've never opeend docs to go, so was opening the key app for the first time since that sale a few weeks ago.

I have the main app, can't ger the full key. It is gone. Same with Weather Bug Elite, and the Disney App. I think it is a Froyo thing.

I decided to test out tethering. Works flawlessly. Plug the droid into the USB port; select tether via USB from wireless settings; and software immediately installs to the PC, and within 10 seconds I had internet. Used the web and it seemed as speedy as normal wi-fi.

Sweet. I LOVE Android!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts