Frozen Four in Pittsburgh

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
NCAA Awards Frozen Four to Pittsburgh in 2013 - Pittsburgh Penguins - News

Moon Township, Pa. - July 13, 2010 - The NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Committee has chosen the city of Pittsburgh as the site of the 2013 NCAA Frozen Four.

Robert Morris University, in conjunction with VisitPittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL), will serve as host of the event at the CONSOL Energy Center, the new home of the Penguins set to open this fall.

"We're obviously extremely pleased to be hosting the NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Division I Frozen Four in 2013," RMU Director of Athletics Craig Coleman, M.D., said. "We have a very strong partnership with the CONSOL Energy Center and VisitPittsburgh, and I believe the NCAA recognized the strength of that partnership in considering our bid. We plan on putting on the best Frozen Four ever."

The 2013 NCAA Men's Frozen Four at the CONSOL Energy Center will take place April 11 and 13, 2013, and will be the first NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Championship event held in the state of Pennsylvania. In addition, it will be the first major team sport in NCAA history to conduct its national championship in the city of Pittsburgh.

I might try to go.

I thought it was the other way around ;)

Figured the X would get one....they have the WCHA Final 5 there every year and its awesome :)

Obviously the NCAA is trying to "grow the brand" of college hockey. None of the big time schools in the state even have the sport, only Robert Morris. No real reason that Penn State, Pitt and such should not have hockey. Ohio State has it and Ohio is less of a natural hockey state, paticularly the southern half, than Pennsylvania.

Obviously the NCAA is trying to "grow the brand" of college hockey. None of the big time schools in the state even have the sport, only Robert Morris. No real reason that Penn State, Pitt and such should not have hockey. Ohio State has it and Ohio is less of a natural hockey state, paticularly the southern half, than Pennsylvania.

If that's the case, they may have won me over. I'm getting tired of some of stuff that goes on in the NHL and I've already decided not to renew Center Ice for another year. That's going to open up a lot of nights this winter and college hockey could well fill that void.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts