Yankees announcer Sheppard dies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry to hear that Bob Sheppard the former New York Yankees Stadium public address announcer passed away.

I attended many a game back in the sixties at the old stadium, and his voice was part of the stadium’s ambiance.

Sorry guys, I know that not many of you are Yankee fans.:tux:

Sorry to hear that Bob Sheppard the former New York Yankees Stadium public address announcer passed away.

I attended many a game back in the sixties at the old stadium, and his voice was part of the stadium’s ambiance.

As a longtime Yankee fan (since my first trip to the old Stadium in'66) I thank you!!:up

A classy voice from a bygone era. Nowadays the PA announcers try too hard to make themselves part of the show.

RIP

No need to apologize Bull, the man was an institution. He was as much a part of the Yankees as the stadium(s) and the players....and in many cases, MORE!

R.I.P. Bob!

This is amazing that not a single player, past or present, attended Sheppard's funeral:

It was just too bad that not a single player whose name Sheppard introduced, ever so properly and eloquently, over 57 years as the Yankees' P.A. announcer, was among those paying their final respects to the "Voice of God." Even if one player - certainly one among the former players employed by the team for this very purpose - would have shown up, it would have provided the touch of class George Steinbrenner always made sure to exhibit in these circumstances.

Yankee players a no-show at Sheppard's funeral, an act George Steinbrenner wouldn't have stood for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts