Frustrated New Client

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BACKOFFICEMIKE

Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Hello

I just got Directv installed and got the package that they are offering for the Fall with the Football package and the sports pack etc. $70.00 a month for 4 months.

I had my installation on Tuesday 8-22.

One of the main reasons I got Directv is because of the YES network and Yankee games. The last two nights the YES network has been blacked out as well as every other major league game located in the 600 channels. I understand the blackout if the game is on another channel but that is not the case.

Is the only way to get the Yankees through MLB Extra Innings? Directv customer service is horrrible and extremely frustrating. No one can give you a straight answer. Please shed some light on this issue.

Thanks

If you aren't in the Yankees market the only way to get them is MLB EI.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!!

If you are OUTSIDE the local coverage area of the Yankees, (or ANY other non-local teams) then YES. You CANNOT get out of market teams through the sports pak. (why DO you think they have EI's... ;) ;) )

I live in South Jersey

So will I get the Phillies? This is what I thought I was avoiding. The a**holes at Directv assured me I would get the Yankees.

I hate them.

BACKOFFICEMIKE said:
So will I get the Phillies? This is what I thought I was avoiding. The a**holes at Directv assured me I would get the Yankees.

I hate them.

No your not getting the phillies either since most of those games are on Comcast sportsnet philly and D* doesnt carry it

nope you wont get the Phillies either because CSN Philly isn't on satellite (Comcast is the only one who has that due to a loophole in the FCC agreement)

and please watch your language.. :)

You have to get EI if you want those games. Out of market Phlly fan here, so on EI I get most, I guess 75% of the Phils games but remember they are on the other teams networks, never Philly. If you live in their market I don't think you can get them on D* at all, blackout. But I guess if you lived there you would know that?

Last edited:
My parents live in the Philly market and they have D*. They can't see any Phillies, Flyers, or Sixers games becuase of CSN Philly.

The Tate said:
Funny how I can watch Cincinnati but not St. Louis when it is more than 100 miles closer to me.
I can watch Columbus Blue Jackets, but not Detroit Red Wings
Columbus = 3 hours away, Detroit = 45 minutes

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I can watch Columbus Blue Jackets, but not Detroit Red Wings
Columbus = 3 hours away, Detroit = 45 minutes

Jimbo

I get Detroit = 44 minutes
No Columbus = 3Hours 01 minute

Just kidding.

JimboS if you are serious about "moving let me know, I might be able to help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)