Frustrated with Hopper 1 and Ext HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

champion6

Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
The Villages, FL
What is going wrong?

1. I have a 2-3 year old Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1T USB hard drive. Because it's USB-powered, I bought a new powered USB hub.
Problem: When I connect the hub/hard drive to the Hopper 1, I'm told it needs to be formatted. I do that. After formatting, A) It doesn't appear as a Source; B) When I attempt to transfer a recording to it, I'm told a USB device is not connected; C) External Hard Drive doesn't appear under Menu (New UI, if it makes a difference). I have a second Hopper 1 and the problem is the same.
Dish Support could not get it working.

2. I bought a new Western Digital My Book 2T powered USB hard drive. Cable has a tag saying, "USB 3.0 compatible with USB 2.0."
Problem: When I connect the hard dive to the Hopper 1, the problem is the same as above.
Dish Support could not get it working. First Tier 1 Support, then Tier 2 Support, gave up and told me that I must use a USB 2.0 hard drive (They both simply read me the list of specs).

Can anyone offer some advice or help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts