Frustrated with the channel packages with Dish...

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, so I'd like to have all the music video channels (such as all the MTV channels, BET channels, NickMusic and CMT Music) and most of these are only on the Flex pack, but I also want other stations only available on the America's Top so-and-so packages such as subchannels that I can't get the majority of the time on my antenna or never like Grit and Laff, but there's absolutely no way to get these together! It's kind of like I would need two dishes and two accounts to get them together. I also have to add News Pack to my AT 250 (I will have AEP when my first 3 months are over) just to get BBC World News. I don't like the news stuff on BBC World News, but I like the documentaries. But since I need an AT package to get the channels I prefer, I have to add the News Pack which is $10 a month for just one channel! This is very frustrating.

Okay, so I'd like to have all the music video channels (such as all the MTV channels, BET channels, NickMusic and CMT Music) and most of these are only on the Flex pack, but I also want other stations only available on the America's Top so-and-so packages such as subchannels that I can't get the majority of the time on my antenna or never like Grit and Laff, but there's absolutely no way to get these together! It's kind of like I would need two dishes and two accounts to get them together. I also have to add News Pack to my AT 250 (I will have AEP when my first 3 months are over) just to get BBC World News. I don't like the news stuff on BBC World News, but I like the documentaries. But since I need an AT package to get the channels I prefer, I have to add the News Pack which is $10 a month for just one channel! This is very frustrating.
I am not sure if this helps, but many of those subchannels are available in the Latino Bonus Pack, which is available as an add-on for Flex Pack. It includes a lot more than just Spanish-language channels, many English-language channels are also included. Dish recently announced a price break ($5 per month credit) for Latino Bonus Pack, due to the loss of Univision, so that option might be worth looking into.

I am not sure if this helps, but many of those subchannels are available in the Latino Bonus Pack, which is available as an add-on for Flex Pack. It includes a lot more than just Spanish-language channels, many English-language channels are also included. Dish recently announced a price break ($5 per month credit) for Latino Bonus Pack, due to the loss of Univision, so that option might be worth looking into.
I think I'm **** out of luck. I briefly tried that. Doing it that way and I can't get the better channels of MTV, MTV Classic, and MTV Live from the music video channels. I'll just probably have to wait quite a while until Dish Network changes it.

I think I'm **** out of luck. I briefly tried that. Doing it that way and I can't get the better channels of MTV, MTV Classic, and MTV Live from the music video channels. I'll just probably have to wait quite a while until Dish Network changes it.
Here is a $20 streaming option for MTV and MTV Live: Smart Pack
The combined cost of that plus Flex Pack should still be less than AT250.

MTV has “better” channels?

From what I read here, you’d think nobody watched anymore.

Good luck on waiting for Dish to change that.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I’m talking about the ones that still play music videos. For instance, MTV Classic plays a lot of 80’s music videos. And on very rare occasions, regular MTV and MTV2 play Beavis and Butt-Head reruns.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Don't sit and hope that Dish will add the channels you want to your package. It will never happen. If it bothers you like it did me, just move on to another provider.

If you have AT250, you have MTV Classic. It’s in that package.
Right. That is why he thinks he can't downgrade. Although, as already mentioned, most of those music videos are available on YouTube. Depending on which model Hopper that edisonprime has, he could probably watch those YouTube videos directly through the Hopper, without any need to cast them from another device.

Have you looked at the packages available from Direct and your local cable or Fios (if available). They are all different. You might find just the right package at one of them.

Reactions: papachops
Download the YouTube music app, pick a song and cast it to your TV. It'll run with it from there. Let me start you off...

Dishdude, you know you have my respect across the forums for Pub Members. But, I can't share your sentiment with 80s songs. Personally, give me some Pixies and Smiths. Heck, I'll even go with The Fat Boys.

All kidding aside, I preferred VH1 Classic when it played more classic rock. MTV has too many channels geared towards classic and modern pop. They killed MTVx for MTV Jams. Then they perverted VH1 Classic.

Reactions: Stormy_2021
Dishdude, you know you have my respect across the forums for Pub Members. But, I can't share your sentiment with 80s songs. Personally, give me some Pixies and Smiths. Heck, I'll even go with The Fat Boys.

All kidding aside, I preferred VH1 Classic when it played more classic rock. MTV has too many channels geared towards classic and modern pop. They killed MTVx for MTV Jams. Then they perverted VH1 Classic.

OP asked for 80's music, I thought I was helping! :biggrin

In another thread I think he mentioned he was a YouTube Premium subscriber, so he won't even see commercials with the YTM app. May I offer another suggestion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)