Frustrating SWM tuner drop issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sparkhill

Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Reno, NV
So here is my set-up:

I have a SWM16 with:
- SWM1 output going to 1x4 splitter connected to a HR24, HR24, HR22, HR22 (8 tuners)
- SWM2 output going to 1x8 splitter connected to HR22, HR22, H24, H24 (6 tuners) plus internet connection kit

So my issue is that one on my HR24's lost the signal to one of it's tuners last night. I tried resetting the receiver, connecting the cables, even swapping to a different coax line (there were two lines to the receiver before SWM), etc. I even changed out the splitter to a brand new 1x4 splitter. Everything is green label, unused outs are terminated, etc. It was all was working fine prior to last night and nothing changed.

So I am going crazy and finally swap the cable going to the HR24 (one tuner working) from the 1x4 to the 1x8 splitter and I now get signal on both tuners. Everything is working fine but does anyone have an idea why I suddenly can no longer run 8 tuners off on SWM out when it worked perfectly for the past several months? I am using the last out (farthest from the red) on the 1x4 splitter.

Thanks for the advice.

Without testing it myself, the SWM splitter (1x4) may be bad. Just a guess, but if it is, it will likely start failing on the other receiver's soon as well.

Without testing it myself, the SWM splitter (1x4) may be bad. Just a guess, but if it is, it will likely start failing on the other receiver's soon as well.

Thanks for the good idea. I actually already replaced the splitter with a brand new one and still had the exact same problem. Seems weird that 7 of the 8 tuners are working on one splitter. The HR24 that has one non-functional tuner on 1x4 splitter but works fine on the 1x8 splitter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)