Fry's take on the BOGO sales

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I went to Fry's last night to get Shrek 3 on HD-DVD and noticed that they were not doing BOGO on the Blu-Ray titles from Disney and Sony. Instead, they just cut all of the prices in half. Same effect, except that you don't have to buy two and it's cheaper if you're getting one that is more expensive and one that is less (i.e. POTC for $13.49 and Remember the Titans for $9.99 is only $23 instead of $27).

Worked out for me because the only one I wanted from the sale was POTC 1 and I got it for $13.49 without buying anything else.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I went to Fry's last night to get Shrek 3 on HD-DVD and noticed that they were not doing BOGO on the Blu-Ray titles from Disney and Sony. Instead, they just cut all of the prices in half. Same effect, except that you don't have to buy two and it's cheaper if you're getting one that is more expensive and one that is less (i.e. POTC for $13.49 and Remember the Titans for $9.99 is only $23 instead of $27).

Worked out for me because the only one I wanted from the sale was POTC 1 and I got it for $13.49 without buying anything else.

That's pretty cool, <3 Frys.

Their big Friday newspaper ad promoted a BOGO in San Diego through next Tues. I went online and noticed a few movies (older Sony flix) were only $9.99. Many others were under $20, but the only BOGO offer was for Disney.

This is how any BOGO sale shows up in the inventory for a store after the sale. Just makes sense to do it this way so that the customer gets the deal up front on the titles they really want. I like it done this way!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)