FS: Dish Network Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventhough I got my stuff ok. I don't llike how the facts and statements don't co-incide.

Especially the emails and shipping info and actual shipping. People can deal with stuff when they are informed. Not knowing and not getting responses is the worst. Everyone has a personal life, but after money is involved, it becomes serious.

RIR, I'm sorry, while you may have and accident and I hope everything is ok, but correspondence and activity that people have gotten from you shows that you could have easily taken the time to respond and send out info. You took time to respond to others but not people who already sent money.

Biggest rule in any transaction is it's easier to keep a customer then it is to gain one (not dish's model obviously).

I really hope this experience with the people involved and the people who read it have not put a damper on the classifieds section here. I use this section alot to buy and sell and I really hope that in the future when I go to sell, I don't lose potential buys who might now be somewhat turned off by this situation. We can have thousands of good transactions and 1 bad one, everyone remembers the bad one.

I still haven't seen any movement on the package when tracking (still just says billing information received), and you apparently didn't ship my package where you were supposed to ship it, as per my paypal request and our discussion prior to my payment being made.

If you package still shows billing information recv'd then your I'm sorry to say that your package is not physically in the shipping system yet.

Call the customer support number for the shipping company and give them the number. Ask them for more information on the package and see if they can tell you where and who it was shipped from. They can sometimes tell you, should give you a good determination of the time it will take to get to you.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt at this time and giving him a chance to make it right since he is a pub member and has been a member of these forums for a while. He has shipped others their receivers and he is still responding on here so maybe he just needs a chance to catch up after the accident. If he was ripping us off then I would think that he would have sent nobody their receivers. We might all be making a big deal out of nothing. If this was a misunderstanding then I apologize.

You people are so trusting. It's kind of rare nowadays.

It sickens me.

Lol, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and offer my trust the first time. If they screw you, then you know better next time. It's sometimes hard to do though, but honestly after thousands and thousands of transactions over the past couple years I have had very few problems, so in general people CAN be trusted. The bad ones sure make it harder though.

I guess I'll give this seller the benefit of the doubt, since he showed up and provided an explanation and seemed to be trying to make an effort. I understand accidents, I was in one a year and a half ago, and I was in the hospital for 3 days, and I had some people complaining too, but I got back into email as quickly as possible and straightened everything out, and made sure everyone knew what was going on, and got what they paid for. I even refunded money on some orders, and shipped the item anyway, and asked that they just re-submit payment after the items arrived. Only ONE person ended up skipping on me, and it wasn't a huge amount. Knowing that everyone else was honest and responsible, and knowing I had REPEAT customers because of it, helped soften that loss. :)

And to anyone that worries that this incident might somehow damage the classified section, I wouldn't worry too much. Based on the response of the staff, and the general public, in helping get information, etc., I'd say this is a GREAT place to be, and pretty safe to do business here. In fact, I'm in the middle of another transaction right now with another member. I won't let a glitch sour me on this place, too much GOOD has come of it!

If you package still shows billing information recv'd then your I'm sorry to say that your package is not physically in the shipping system yet.

Call the customer support number for the shipping company and give them the number. Ask them for more information on the package and see if they can tell you where and who it was shipped from. They can sometimes tell you, should give you a good determination of the time it will take to get to you.

Yes, I know very well how the shipping systems work. I ship MANY packages every day, with all the various carriers. I have friends working at all the major carriers as well (UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL) so I get an insiders view in many cases. :)

Lol, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and offer my trust the first time. If they screw you, then you know better next time. It's sometimes hard to do though, but honestly after thousands and thousands of transactions over the past couple years I have had very few problems, so in general people CAN be trusted. The bad ones sure make it harder though.
Benefit of the doubt is one thing. Ignoring all the evidence that something smells fishier than a can of Friskies is another.

Benefit of the doubt is one thing. Ignoring all the evidence that something smells fishier than a can of Friskies is another.

And you're somehow saying that something sounded fishy before my initial post about it? Was I supposed to magically know that something was wrong, BEFORE it went wrong? Am I psychic? lol

I am the one that brought the situation to light AS IT HAPPENED. It's not like I sent him money after people already said he had taken their money and stopped responding. I appear to have been the FIRST that it happened to, and others followed, but nobody knew until later that there was any problem. Prior to this, he was a long standing supporting member, and appeared to be ok, responded quickly to emails and seemed to be doing exactly what he should be. Nothing out of the ordinary really. The person that pointed me to his For Sale thread also thought he was ok, based on his long standing membership here, and the fact that it is pretty unheard of for someone on these forums to scam other people.

As we can see from the rapid response of staff and other members, I don't think it will be that likely to continue happening here either. lol

dude hom many 622 did this dude sell < I count like 4 people ??? is there more

Well, nobody knew how many until after all this blew up, and I think the count is 5 (at least 2 people reported receiving one, and at least 3 of us are waiting on ours), but it could have been more.

I believe everyone who ordered now has tracking numbers. For the time being I am going to close this thread, however will reopen it if the folks do not receive their orders shortly.

If you have any questions please PM me.

Thanks!

Another member has reported to me that they have received their tracking number today.

We will check all of the tracking numbers we have received tommorow afternoon, then we can truely see whats going on.

We have been tracking the UPS numbers, 2 of them have shipped, one of them (and the tracking number was sent on Wednesday) has not shipped yet.

Status update.

So far out of the 4 folks I know who ordered, 3 got tracking numbers, yet only 2 units shipped. One personhas not go a tracking number nor a reply to his emails.

I have been in contact with the Columbus Police department and am now waiting for instructions for how to proceed.

It saddens me to have to post this.

It appears that some SatelliteGuys members have been scammed by another member. If it was an intentional scam or not I don't know.

The seller is rirwin1983, whos real name is Richard Irwin Jr. - He lives at home with his parents, Richard and Toni Irwin in Columbus, Ohio.

The seller claims he was in an accident and thats why the units were not shipped, however when he was able to ship the members their 622's he didn't send 622's, instead he sent a Dish 311 to one person and Dish DP34 switches to others.

The seller claims that he wants to give people refunds but is unable to as Paypal has frozen the funds in his account. This may be true as well. I know of two members who have been given Paypal refunds, however these refunds have not been put back in their accounts as of yet.

I personally have been in this situation before, and I know the problems that Paypal can cause, which is why I have been trying to work with the seller and the buyers with an open mind.

However others are still in the dark, and PMs from some buyers to Mr Irwin have not been returned.

While I would urge all buyers to try working with Mr. Irwin, if you feel you have reached a dead end, you may contact the Columbus Ohio Police Department Fraud Department at 614-645-4750.

While most buyers have already been provided Mr. Iwrins personal information from Paypal, I would be happy to provide it in a private message if you need it again.

We appologize to our members who this has happened to, and we worked hard behind the scenes to find lots of information which I will not post here at the moment.

If you do take action we ask that you keep us informed via private messaging so that we can be kept in the loop. We also have a lot of information which we can share if the police request this additional information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Box 360 HD-DVD Drive

For Sale Complete WildBlue Internet System

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts