FS: Used Satellite (Needs Work) 148

vegassatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Up for sale is a used satellite that no longer runs. It's 12 years old and we can't seem to get it running. It's ideal as a fixer upper though. We're only asking $6.4 million. Compared to new satellites, this is a bargain for someone willing to make the necessary repairs. It is an RHCP only model intended for even numbered transponders. It does need more fuel as its close to bone dry. If you buy it, you will need to move it from its current location.

Interested buyers can view it by going to its current location at 148 degrees in the Clarke Belt. Directions to it from San Diego is to go South to Equator, Turn right until you get to 148 degrees W.L. From there you will need to head up towards space approximately 22,000 miles. There are two up there right now, an LHCP model named Echostar I (not for sale) and the Echostar II, which we are selling. The Echostar I will give you a good idea of how well the Echostar II would be if it were running. We were going to take this satellite back East with us until it up and died all of a sudden. It was pretty good to us for 12 years and hate to part with it, but these things happen. Our loss = your gain. Since it isn't running, all payments must be in certified funds and no refunds will be offered. All sales final.

I'll tell ya what I'll do...I'll send you a check for, let's say, 8 million. Go ahead and cash the check and send me the balance. I'll send one of my agents over to 148 to pick it up. Ok??? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts