FSN Detroit HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joedekock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
West Michigan
I have noticed that I have not seen one Red Wings or Pistons game in HD yet. I swore I had a friend tell me on Dish that all the Tigers, Pistons, and Redwings home games were in HD.

Its pissing me off that Im not getting any Rockets HD games on 639-1 FSN HOUSTON. Im watching Dallas/Houston right now

I have noticed that I have not seen one Red Wings or Pistons game in HD yet. I swore I had a friend tell me on Dish that all the Tigers, Pistons, and Redwings home games were in HD.

Joe,
The Wings seem to be taking the week off....
But YES it is true, ALL of the Wings HOME games are in HD this year... Just so happens that they have been on the road since the HD channel went up CONUS.
They are broadcast in 720p

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7189322

Jimbo

i have watched the wings in hd this season. hd hockey is really quiet this week. and i recall the spurs vs rockets game is on fsn-h in a few days.

i did a random check of nba hd before the season started and most teams don't broadcast that much.

Joe,
The Wings seem to be taking the week off....
But YES it is true, ALL of the Wings HOME games are in HD this year... Just so happens that they have been on the road since the HD channel went up CONUS.
They are broadcast in 720p

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7189322

Jimbo

i have watched the wings in hd this season. hd hockey is really quiet this week. and i recall the spurs vs rockets game is on fsn-h in a few days.

i did a random check of nba hd before the season started and most teams don't broadcast that much.

Wings have been off since Thursday I think it was, nothing over the weekend , they could have found a better time to take a vacation.

Wings on in HD tommorow night.

Jimbo

Looks like a 7:30 EST faceoff. I also have seen the annoying bar at the bottom of the screen on the NHL Network. Looks like they will be showing that game in HD as well in the US.

GO WINGS!!!

Nhl network will use Fsn detroits feed. They don't do their own live games. Will be blacked out in Wings area (and opponents area too)

NHL network not available for me when the Wings are on the channel, I have to watch it on FSN D, which is fine, just stating that the other channel is not available.

Jimbo

I kinda thought that might happen. I was surprised though that last week's Packer Monday night game was available on both ESPN and the local network broadcasting it. I was totally expecting ESPN to be blacked out for that. Anyways, I am drifting off topic now so I'll be quiet :)

was it me but did anyone get that wings-preds game in hd wednesday night from nhl network? mine was sd.

I got "Channel Not Available in Your Area" message on NHLHD. FSNDHD was blacked out. I don't sub to NHLCI, so maybe that's why FSNDHD was blacked out, but I thought NHLHD was a "free and clear" channel. Am I mistaken?

i noticed when i paid my directv bill last week that there was a no charge addition for nhl network hd to my bill. and i do have center ice! perhaps, there is a connection?

I've gotten several Red Wings games in HD since the switch. You do need the new Directv HD receiver to get them, though.

The Red Wings / Predators game was a fiasco the other night on the part of the NHL. The game ended up being blacked out across the entire country. Then remote Red Wings fans began screaming - both on line and by telephone. Some of the frustration could be seen on the Let's Go Wings fan site. The volume got so loud on the complaints that it took the Center Ice suggestion site down, and the announcers on the NHL network mentioned several times that they were working to get the technical issues fixed to get the game on. Finally, at the start of the second period, the game came on (on the NHL network channel). It was in full HD on my set (though I thought the HD quality was a little lower than normal).

I know there are more than a few Red Wings fans that are upset with the decision to port some games over to the NHL Network this season - especially when the feed is directly from the blacked-out FSN Detroit channel. I'm just happy to get the game - and I hope that they don't have more problems when the game shows up again on that network.

I've gotten several Red Wings games in HD since the switch. You do need the new Directv HD receiver to get them, though.

The Red Wings / Predators game was a fiasco the other night on the part of the NHL. The game ended up being blacked out across the entire country. Then remote Red Wings fans began screaming - both on line and by telephone. Some of the frustration could be seen on the Let's Go Wings fan site. The volume got so loud on the complaints that it took the Center Ice suggestion site down, and the announcers on the NHL network mentioned several times that they were working to get the technical issues fixed to get the game on. Finally, at the start of the second period, the game came on (on the NHL network channel). It was in full HD on my set (though I thought the HD quality was a little lower than normal).

I know there are more than a few Red Wings fans that are upset with the decision to port some games over to the NHL Network this season - especially when the feed is directly from the blacked-out FSN Detroit channel. I'm just happy to get the game - and I hope that they don't have more problems when the game shows up again on that network.

I did not have any problems with the Wings and Nashville, I watched the game in HD on FSN Detroit.

Your saying it was blacked out on 636 AND the NHL network ?

Now the NHL channel was blacked out for me, but FSN Detroit wason and looked pretty good, much better than the MPEG2 version.

Jimbo

I did not have any problems with the Wings and Nashville, I watched the game in HD on FSN Detroit.

Your saying it was blacked out on 636 AND the NHL network ?

Now the NHL channel was blacked out for me, but FSN Detroit wason and looked pretty good, much better than the MPEG2 version.

Jimbo

There were a few areas of the country that did get the game on 636. I saw a couple of folks on the forums in western Michigan that were able to see it. But for the most part, it was off the air. This wasn't just Directv that was affected. Time Warner, Dish, and Comcast all were blocked as well.

BTW, from what I've seen so far, it ain't such a bad thing to have the NHL Network blacked out (except when the Wings are playing). Chelios is right, Bettman has to go.

For more information on the other night, here's a link from one of the forums:

Time Warner C.I. not broadcasting DET/NSH Game? - LetsGoWings.com Forums

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts