FSN HD's Might as well remove them!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NTIMID8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
Is it my imagination but do they have little or no content broadcasts these days.

An example is the last few Redwings games presented on FSD (including tonight's) and available in HD to them (watching it on other provider in HD) but they fail to broadcast it.

Who or what drives these decisions? It seems like its been forever since I have seen an HD game on local FSN feed.

Is this happening in other markets as well?

Very Dissapointed in D-town

FSN hd did show college football this past season and is now showing some college basketball in hd. Tomorrow they will be showing 2 college baskeball games in hd. That will be me going until it goes full time hd probably within the next 3 years.

Dish is so retarded, they show games on FSN-HD for in-market folks and yet they don't mirror them on NBA and NHL packages, many games have been left out for out-of-market subs. Tonight's Wings @ Wild game was on FSN-Detroit HD and Dish never had it in the CI HD package.

Even my local team Milwaukee Bucks HD games are on the HD ALT channel and not even mirrored on NBA LP HD. Multiple times this season already.

Dish is so retarded, they show games on FSN-HD for in-market folks and yet they don't mirror them on NBA and NHL packages, many games have been left out for out-of-market subs. Tonight's Wings @ Wild game was on FSN-Detroit HD and Dish never had it in the CI HD package.

Even my local team Milwaukee Bucks HD games are on the HD ALT channel and not even mirrored on NBA LP HD. Multiple times this season already.

And after they stated that "the majority of games" on CI would be in HD this year. So far it is running @ 10 - 20%. The rest must be the silent and invisible majority! And not ONE game from Canada in HD yet this season...

FSN has 2 channels in the L.A. area. Through the first 40-50 games total for the Kings and the Ducks, only 2 were in HD -- and that was when the Kings played the Ducks twice. There have been a few more lately, but it seems that other areas of the country have more HD games from what I have seen on CI. Plenty of HD in hockey hotbeds like Florida, Carolina and Tennessee...:rolleyes:

I was just wondering the same thing! Case in point -- NY Knicks at Orlando Magic broadcast on FSN FL, but not on HD! What gives??

CSN-Chicago broadcast the Preds-Blackhawks game in HD but it wasn't shown on the NHL Center Ice package in HD. Southern Cal is such a hockey hotbed by the way..:rolleyes:

FSN-HD (CH 380) in Detroit----No Wings!!!!

NTIMID8 - I could not agree with you more!!!!! Does anyone know what is going on with the Red Wings on FSN-HD (Channel 380 or 430HD) in Metro-Detroit???

Once again the game is broadcast on FSN-HD and DISH is not broadcasting it to us....DISH did not show the 12-22 Red Wings game vs. the Minnesota Wild nor did they show tonight's game against St. Louis (12-26). Just Cheesey elevator music and their shameless logo in HD. the SD feed blows.

What is the deal...No one at Dish Tech service has given me an explanation..

All DishHD customers should pay attention as the next two games (Thursday 12-27 and Saturday 12-29) are supposed to be broadcast in HD on FSN-HD (380 or 430HD) in Metro-Detroit.

I couldn't be more torqued at DISH right now!!

Suggestions, comments or sarcastic remarks regarding changing to Direct or Comcast are welcome.......But seriously, what the "Censored" is going on with these clowns in the biggest hockey market in the country!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"FSN HD's Might as well remove them!!!
Is it my imagination but do they have little or no content broadcasts these days.

An example is the last few Redwings games presented on FSD (including tonight's) and available in HD to them (watching it on other provider in HD) but they fail to broadcast it.

Who or what drives these decisions? It seems like its been forever since I have seen an HD game on local FSN feed.

Is this happening in other markets as well?

Very Dissapointed in D-town

yeah, email the ceo...he'll magically create more bandwidth:rolleyes:

There is no solution to this E* crap until they can launch new satellites. Then of course, you have to worry until 2 days before the season starts every year to see if Dish has even signed a contract to carry it... like this season. The only solution is to switch to D*.

Tonite's coyotes game is in HD on FSN AZ...but not if you have NHLCI thru E*:mad:

It makes me even more mad knowing D* is $12 cheaper for the same package I have on E*.

Now if I could only get directv to treat me as a new customer so I can get the $400 off deal on their web site, then I'll be ready to make the switch on 1/25/08, when I can get the 1/2 season price for NHLCI.

Any guess on whether or not Dish will make any New Years resolutions? That is... other than resolving to raise everyones prices?

CSN-Chicago broadcast the Preds-Blackhawks game in HD but it wasn't shown on the NHL Center Ice package in HD. Southern Cal is such a hockey hotbed by the way..:rolleyes:

There are really 2 issues here -- FSN's lack of HD broadcasts and Dish's failure to broadcast games in HD for CI even when they are readily available...

FSN's lack of HD broadcasts for hockey in Southern California is a slap in the face to hockey fans. This may not be a hotbed of hockey per se; however hockey had tremendous appeal when Gretzky was in L.A. and Anaheim are the current Stanley Cup champions. The opportunity is there for FSN to promote the game with HD broadcasts -- instead they broadcast in SD, basically putting NHL games on a par with high school football...

Dish's failure to broadcast CI games in HD when they are readily available is perplexing. One evening earlier in the season, there were 2 HD broadcasts of the same game on CI (home and away), even though none of the other 5 or 6 games broadcast were shown in HD. Even worse, this game was shown in HD on HDNET as well, for a 3rd HD version of the same game! When Dish is deciding which games to show in HD, they must be picking names out of a hat...:confused:

Dish can show 6 games b/c they have one transponder at 61.5 splitting NHL HD and NBA HD games. But the thing is Dish is not using all 6 channels, I have seen 5 at the most and that is tonight but it's more like 4 because there is one 7pm eastern hockey game and then 1 10pm eastern NBA game (LA Clippers game on channel 561)

61.5 TP 30 is being split b/w Big 10 ALT's, HD-Alt's, NHL HD and NBA HD from what I checked. If they would just remove the HD PPV channels we could get an additional 6 HD channels for HD games. I don't know what TP 129 is using, I only have 61.5

Again, tonight in Detroit we have the Wings vs. Avalanche in SD via DISH on FSN-Detroit channel 430.....Channel 380 (FSN-DetroitHD) is idle with the DISH logo and elevator music once again for 3 games in a row in spite of FSN broadcasting the last 3 games in HD.

FSN-HD broadcasts sent to Detroit in SD from dish
12-22 Wings vs. Wild
12-26 Wings vs. Blues
12-27 Wings vs. Av's

At least they could tell me in advance so I could make plans to go watch at my neighbor's house on his Directv system. I guess I should start getting prices from Directv on 5 receivers (all HD) 1 with 2-tuner HD DVR system. Feel free to PM me if you are a Directv guy and can help me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)