FSN North/Wisconsin & CBS 58 Milwaukee HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wonderfultim

Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
Does anyone have an idea as to why Directv will not give us in Wisconsin FSN Wisconsin instead of the regional feed of FSN North and an alternate channel for live local games?? We miss the shows about our local teams. Last year enough people complained and they did put Brewers classics on the alternate channel.

Secondly, when is CBS 58 Milwaukee being put in HD? I have contacted CBS 58 and for a while Directv wasn't even contacting them.

I figured my best help would be here because customer service pretty much makes something up and emails it back to you

The WDJT HD thing is a big issue in Milwaukee on the local HDTV board. I'll post the link if I get permission to do so.

No one know why WDJT won't sign on with Directv. Not even the engineer. I'd keep e-mailing them and asking when they will sign on.

I agree, being in Green Bay, it sure would be nice to get FSN Wisconsin.

I also wish LIN, the owner of my FOX affilitate WLUK, would give us HD on DirecTV.

The WDJT HD thing is a big issue in Milwaukee on the local HDTV board. I'll post the link if I get permission to do so.

No one know why WDJT won't sign on with Directv. Not even the engineer. I'd keep e-mailing them and asking when they will sign on.

I am confused: from 2000 WDJT-TV signs on with DirecTV - The Business Journal of Milwaukee:

Are you talking specifically the HD? Isn't this affiliate UHF LP? Maybe they are having issues providing a QUALITY signal and/or uplink to DirecTV for them to retrans to DBS customers. If they ARE on via SD then the previous may likely be the case; or something close to it.

Actually, the analog signal for WDJT CBS-58 is available thru D*. The digital signal is where the hangup is. Station mgmnt is arguing with D* over $$$$ for the carriage of the digital side.

Apparently this satisfies the FCC carriage rules.

Nothing to do with quality of of signal or uplink issues other than $$$$.

Their digital signal is available OTA along with their 6 sub channels.

I went around in circles with E* about this, explaining to them I live 20 min. from Milwaukee and 6 hours from Twin Cities. They told me to contact FSN with any complaints because they set the zipcode rules. I was not suprised when D* has the same issue when I switched a couple months ago. Although it is nice to watch UMN and Wild hockey.

so if i live in connecticut and have directv with the Sports Pak that includes FSN North, will i be able to see Milwaukee Bucks and Brewer games? please let me know. thanks.

Go ahead. I'm tight with one of the owners. ;) :D

so if i live in connecticut and have directv with the Sports Pak that includes FSN North, will i be able to see Milwaukee Bucks and Brewer games? please let me know. thanks.
No you need NBA League Pass and/or MLB Extra Innings to see those games out of market, just like you would for any other professional sports that are not local to you. Sports Pack only gives you the local studio shows, national shows, college sports, preseason games, and the replays of NHL games when it comes to the RSNs, as well as any other sports channels that are not part of your base package in the 601 - 616 range (excluding Setanta Sports which is an additional premium channel).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)