FSTV @ 123w still up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
I installed a GeoSatPro PLL LNB today and don't get FSTV from 123w. I get strong signals from all other transponders on that sat, so I don't know if the channel is no longer up or not. Anyone getting it? I noticed that Lyngsat doesn't list it anymore.

I scanned in something called Free Speech tv a couple of days ago , on that satellite. Wasn't exactly free speech, what I heard that particular afternoon. They seemed to be showing RussiaToday's graphics on the bottom of the screen. When I saw FSTV scanned in-I thought it was that Fashion TV channel, haha. But I think they are scrambled, and someplace else.

FSTV is very tricky to tune in on G-18 bird, and the signal is very weak at 0 to 25% which Geosat HD reciever, did a damm good job pulling in narrow band video weak signal!:D

Some FSTV programs have been showing up on one of the PBS channels on 87 W. I no longer get it on 123 W either.

About a month ago FSTV's signal lost a minimum of 15 points in SQ here. Now it hovers just around the pixelation/total loss level (which is around 52 on the AZBox). Some days it is slightly higher (but always under 60), so haven't seen it anywhere near previous levels (and yes, I did a re-point and gained a point or two, and then the next day had to re-point back to roughly where I started, as there was too much loss to the other transponders).

I've noticed that it's gotten progressively weaker over this past few months. Last spring I had no problem getting it. For the past month I can't get it at all. IF there were more on that sat I might point a 1.2 at it. (Maybe there is, but can't 'see' it because they're all as weak?)

I'm not having any signal problems with FSTV (other than the usual one of it taking forever to lock.) Peace TV has been AWOL for a long time though.

I get FSTV at 11848 V 1784. Interestingly, it is currently at the strongest I have seen it in over a month. It is up to 66-67 on the AZBox. May be they heard us! LOL! Forgot to mention in my first post that at the beginning of August the signal had been completely gone for over a week before it finally began to re-appear.

Peace TV I am currently getting at a low signal as well, hovering in the low 40's (usually it is closer to 50, which is still lower than it was say a year ago). Peace TV has also been AWOL for me at times in the past, and has only just recently returned (thought they had left the satellite, they had been gone so long).

HMMM, I can't find it now on both of my setups. I remember watching it within a week ago. If I remember right it didn't log in as FSTV. was it LINK? I can't find a transponder with those numbers in my stuff now. I don't see it on my microHD either, but that means it's not there where I'm looking. That thing will lock on 0%Q. Drives me crazy when I lose things like that. LOL

It seems to come and go for me. Today I couldn't get it. This afternoon, I scanned it at 11847 V 1784 as FSTV, but then went dark again....

The last time I got FSTV was before my avenger pll died. The other day I installed the GeosatPro PLL LNB, tweaked and peaked on several sats with my birdog ultra, and still couldn't find FSTV when I brought my s10 out to the dish. Nothing.

The dish is a fortec 1.2 with a sg9120 motor. It is pretty perfectly peaked... I get everything up there in KU - except...FSTV - so there is the problem/challenge.
I finally realized I should post this question before I wasted time looking for a signal that was no longer out there if that was the case. So it seems from your responses that it is still being beamed but is possibly a reduced signal or even a spot beam.

The GeosatPro PLL seems to pull everyting else including Montana PBS fine. On a side note I did run into 1 snag - I ordered 2 GeosatPro PLL LNBs but just found that 1 doesn't work. It makes my s10 reset 3 times a second. I guess it is shorting the box. The other is fine and working well on normally weak signals.

I plan to order another avenger pll lnb and see if that brings it back. Thanks.

i have it at 50 q with a laux beta 9ft dish on tp 11848 v 1784
shows up as H cause the micro does not do bandstacked correctly...yet?

at time of edit, it was gone.

Last edited:
Thanks - I bumped the motor around a bit more and found it. The quality value bounces around 20-40% but now that I have it, I can peak it at the dish tomorrow.

I scanned it in twice, for some reason, one a 1m dish it logs at 11847V 1784 DVB-S2, and is stable signal 87/87. and also have logged it at 11902, 1784 DVB-S2 signal weaker and breaking up somewhat-the PIDS are different for each channel. These 20-somethings talking like they're political experts almost crack me up, if they weren't so full of themselves.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts