FTA and DISH Flex equipment question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NotBrad

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
oregon Coast
Hi All,

Been pondering the FTA versus just signing up with a service for a while now and ran across DISH's Flex plan where you buy your own receiver and essentially set up your own system and pay by the month.

Now it seems to me this is the best of both worlds if I can buy FTA equipment that is also DISH compatible. My thoughts were I could set it up, then get a monthly subscription to DISH via their flex plan and if I don't like it just cancel/deactivate the service and then have a regular FTA setup that works for normal broadcast stuff. If I do like it then just keep subscribing.

Thoughts, advice, etc...

Google turns up a lot of these http://www.connectyourhome.com/dish-network/flex-tv/ and it "looks" like they essentially sell a home based system designed to let you subscribe to DISH's pay as you go service.

My thoughts weren't to try and get FTA over a DISH receiver but rather to see if I could set up something that would let me subscribe to DISH's flex plan but revert it to an FTA setup in the event I don't like the service or decide to discontinue it for whatever reason.

No FTA receivers for DISH, they have their own receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)