fta at a standstill ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
is fta at a standstill right now..seems like nothing new is going on.Some channels have been taken as we all know this happens from time to time.Seems nothing is being added...ses 2 did o.k. for a while for some of us with 6 ft dishes and now the 3800 and 4800 transponders don't even give a whiff of a signal me on my 6 footer.Somebody and i mean mr. luken should come on with the come on and do whatever was on his drawing board a few months back and surprise us,I love this hobby and will stay in it from now on,but it just need a little boost and get us all out of the norm.:popcorn

Yes FTA is in a standstill at the moment, because everyone is waiting for the new GeoSat MicroHD receiver from SatelliteAV to be released. :D

is fta at a standstill right now..seems like nothing new is going on.Some channels have been taken as we all know this happens from time to time.Seems nothing is being added...ses 2 did o.k. for a while for some of us with 6 ft dishes and now the 3800 and 4800 transponders don't even give a whiff of a signal me on my 6 footer.Somebody and i mean mr. luken should come on with the come on and do whatever was on his drawing board a few months back and surprise us,I love this hobby and will stay in it from now on,but it just need a little boost and get us all out of the norm.:popcorn

I have a 10' dish and I have found that if I tweak the dish for the MeTV and ThisTV signals, I lose Luken stuff on 3800/4080.
So I then have to bump the dish over a degree or two to get Luken stuff. When I do, it pops in rock solid like nobody's business. I can't explain why this is, supposedly they are all on the same satellite at 87w but I can not get ALL the signals in strongly at the same time. I have to move the dish back and forth. You might give that a try, if you have a motor..

HTH.. :)

KU FTA though? Dying off rapidly, IMO..

I have a 10' dish and I have found that if I tweak the dish for the MeTV and ThisTV signals, I lose Luken stuff on 3800/4080.
So I then have to bump the dish over a degree or two to get Luken stuff. When I do, it pops in rock solid like nobody's business. I can't explain why this is, supposedly they are all on the same satellite at 87w but I can not get ALL the signals in strongly at the same time. I have to move the dish back and forth. You might give that a try, if you have a motor..

yep. That was posted in the big SES2 thread about the issues with Luken transponder and "the rest"

Yes- I noticed just yesterday that the c bands the way to go.And even that is just a mountain of local channels.
I've always enjoyed getting locals from another market,but the only dif is the news and weather girls,woo hoo.
I don't watch much network tv.I sub to dish and spend my time with Matt Dillion and Raymond,LOL

Ku is going negative

It not looking that bad, not great, but there's still enough to watch if you have the right equipment to cover the needed satellites. I'm adding my new Prodelin fixed dish to cover satellites 137W and 125W for KU programming. Loosing KU programming on 101W doesn't make me happy but at least I can still pick up the History channel on H2H at a reasonable cost.

Looks like I need to start working on some mini-buds. C-band is where it's at.
I like leaving my 10' dish parked on 87.

I had to remove the G-box from the circuit because MyTheater freaks out and randomly will dump the dish all the way over to one side or the other for no reason.
MyTheater can not be left to have control of a G-box. Even with the limit switches set in the motor, it will still randomly move the dish all the way to it's limit.
Not cool. So I just leave that dish parked.

I have a 6' WSI but no real means of controlling it. I use an ANTIQUE HTS tuner to move the dish and it moves it in huge leaps and bounds, there is no precision to it at all.
It's extremely difficult to find a satellite with that dish / controller setup. Not to mention, I never had any real luck with this dish because I mangled it up pretty badly by mishandling it when I was trying to assemble it.
It sits parked on HOT/AMG

I want either another 8' dish and another G-box or a few stationary mini-buds. I have the stuff to build them just laying around. It's early springtime here so I might as well get on with it.
I guess I need to cull out the extra/un-needed ku dishes soon. Not much left there that I'm interested in. I don't do sports so that rules out most of what's left up there.

Oh well..

Dee. Are you sure you dont have one of the buggy gboxs?? Many were bad and did that. My original one did and i returnrd it to sadoun. They were great and sent a new one thats been working fine for over a year. Since then i have bought 3 more for work. That was a bug in the early revisions though.

as long as most of the sports feeds continue to stay on KU I'll be happy :)
Even be happier if some feeds (**cough** BTN **cough**) would be in the clear ;)

Dee. Are you sure you dont have one of the buggy gboxs?? Many were bad and did that. My original one did and i returnrd it to sadoun. They were great and sent a new one thats been working fine for over a year. Since then i have bought 3 more for work. That was a bug in the early revisions though.

Well, as long as it's not connected to the PC, it never, ever moves on it's own. As soon as I put it on the PC, boom, off it goes into La-La-Land totally at random.

So I don't know. Since I disconnected it and it operates only by it's own remote control now, it's 100% trouble free.
I can't complain about the G-box, my suspicion resides with the PC app. :confused:

It's not a big deal though, if I need to move the dish I do it manually. I very, very rarely move the dish so it's all good..

:)

With the recent addition of a BUD and a S2 blindscan program, I am in heaven with all the HD channels that I could not get before with Ku. It is nice to get HD hockey games in 5 time zones.

Let's see...

Yesterday my wife watched several cooking shows on LPB Create (SES2 KU). Last night we watched two hours of British comedies on LPB (SES2 KU).
This morning I watched "Ask This Old House" on Create (AMC21 KU) followed by a few shows on RTV (AMC9 KU) and then an old Mickey Rooney movie on River Broadcasting Network (Galaxy19 KU). I also watched a Chinese news feed about the year of the dragon (Galaxy 19 KU).

I agree that C band offers many better channel choices, but KU still has a lot of programming.

I also watched a Chinese news feed about the year of the dragon (Galaxy 19 KU).
Are you liking that English language Chinese news channel, is that what you are referring to? I hadn't scanned 97W in ages, so that one popped up as a surprise to me the other day.

Are you liking that English language Chinese news channel.

The problem with CCTV is that it is so government regulated that only the boring programs make it to air. Nothing controversial ever makes it to air on CCTV unless it already has become a worldwide fact. Unless you are learning Chinese, it is truly a waste of bandwidth. On the other hand, Al Jazeera English on 58W are willing to take a risk. I also enjoy watching Azteca News in the mornings live from Mexico city on Ku.

It not looking that bad, not great, but there's still enough to watch if you have the right equipment to cover the needed satellites. I'm adding my new Prodelin fixed dish to cover satellites 137W and 125W for KU programming. Loosing KU programming on 101W doesn't make me happy but at least I can still pick up the History channel on H2H at a reasonable cost.

Sergei, whats on 137W Ku?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts