fta at a standstill ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sergei, whats on 137W Ku?

Nothing now, but maybe in the future something might since I've now got three fixed Prodelin dishes and I just want to cover as many satellites as possible and be able to scan each. These dishes have turned out to be are really good at getting things at different angles. Example, one dish is aimed at 101W and adding a second LNB I was able to get 83W with a Q of 76, so I plan on adding 4 or more LNB's to each dish as time permits.

137W is a C-band only satellite and has been for decades ;)

I agree with both of you, but you just never know as satellites do die or get moved around and since I'm setting the dishes up why not since KU parts are cheap.

Shoot just as I had the sat names and positions almost memorized, new ones go up or move and then I have to learn all over again lol....Blind

Shoot just as I had the sat names and positions almost memorized, new ones go up or move and then I have to learn all over again lol....Blind

Why bother with learning sat names? Just learn the numbers! They just about never change :)

Why bother with learning sat names? Just learn the numbers! They just about never change :)

A European satellite operator is renaming a bunch of their sats in that manner (longitudes in the name). I wonder if any of the big three here will head that way at some point as we continue to get deeper and deeper into the
satellite replacement cycles.

I agree with both of you, but you just never know as satellites do die or get moved around and since I'm setting the dishes up why not since KU parts are cheap.

After sleeping on it last night and thinking more about what's been said and searching the forum on what others have done with their Prodelin dishes I've decided to add a C band LNBF to the dish along with the KU's like Corrado had posted in 2009 for his. So I've ordered another LNBF to try and hopefully I'll have enough dish for the 137W satellite.

The problem with CCTV is that it is so government regulated that only the boring programs make it to air. Nothing controversial ever makes it to air....
My problem with how many news stations present news now is there is too much editorializing. I want "just the facts, ma'am" as Jack Webb used to say on Dragnet. I don't want to know about the presenter's personal life or likes, I don't want to know their opinion about the news, and I sure don't want to listen to them "school-hall chat" with their colleagues. I watch CCTV Documentary with English subtitles more than CCTV News. Al Jazeera is good; Russia Today is too obviously anti-American as is Press TV. But overall it's good to get another viewpoint as long as you keep in mind where that viewpoint is coming from.

All lists are outdated IMO....Sathint has stuff that hasnt been around for months yet its still posted ;)

TheList is hand updated by qwert1515 and myself. I do the C-Band side but there are some issues
-my dish is ghetto moved. I wheel it out of my garage and move it to each satellite so that takes time
-I live in Minnesota where it gets very cold....so I dont really want to spend 3-4 hours out in the cold scanning sats ;)
-Thelist is going through a redo by qwert that hopefully allows us to upload DVB-S2 items for C-Band. Right now we dont have that capability due to channel editor incompatibility. Hopefully with the new MicroHD that will be taken care of and we can upload everything :)

All lists are outdated IMO...
Agree 100%. I just said that the other day to somebody. That's why I keep a list of bookmarks and float like a butterfly between URLs. This forum is the best I've found as far as knowledge base and amount of activity (quantity of posts). Some other forums just want to talk about how to get pay TV for free: boring!

Ghetto moved? :haha I've seen your garage photo...it's a cool idea. It would drive the Covenant Police crazy: by the time they respond to a complaint, the dish is gone like a UFO.

Think I've mentioned this before...my old birdview dish, to see all the satellites had to be "too close" to property lines in my old place according to my town, so it got put on a trailer.

That way, it wasn't permanent...so no ordinance violation. Then, since the trailer never went anywhere, no license...and for better looks, a fence was put around it...but NO posts went in the ground...(not permanent, nobody could complain) with the fence held in place by c-clamps attached to the trailer via wood beams inside! I beat the system for about 10 years, before moving! There's always a way "around" things.

Attachments

• HOUSE1.JPG
    HOUSE1.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 130
Ghetto moved? :haha I've seen your garage photo...it's a cool idea.

Living in a townhouse I am limited. I had a 6 foot dish on a table on my deck. But the issue is being so far north the elevation is pretty low...and I have dishes on the roof ;)
so my line of site was 87-107 or so....so it was fixed on 99W

I ended up moving that off the deck and in the garage too.....have 2 of them that I wheel out. One the elevation slider is so rusted its pretty much fixed at 137W but can get up to 121W if I try hard enough. Pics of both dishes outside
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/131140-pics-dish-farm-post-yours-too-14.html#post2662977

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)