FTA channels lost, Need Help please!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mylanta

Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
Equipment: pansat 2500a, Wingate 30” dish
Equipment was brand new and all original factory setting.

I installed my FTA a few days ago. Dish was point at EchoStar9 121W. and TP 31 12161 V. Everything was working fine till yesterday. All of sudden I lost all of my channels. I checked the TPs. Every other frequency is there and 75% quality except my 12161 V. Tried to switch LNB to universal 2(was on universal 1). I got 46% quality on 12161V but could not find any channels.

I double-check dish. No sign of problems from dish (I made marks on dish, so position was OK) also checked lyngsat.com and 12161V is still there. Tried reset my 2500a back to factory setting and rescan(exactly as I did during initial installation). And still no success.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Its not you, all those channels seem to be gone : ( Here today gone tomorrow! Thats FTA satellite you take the good with the bad, I am sure there will be a few more channels of interest to you popping up in the future.
Still getting one channel at 11955 / V / 20000

If you are looking for CCTV I think you can still get them on G3 H 11780 20.760

The Chinese channels on 121 are gone as of yesterday
CCTV4 & CCTV9 are on G3 (95)
BFG posted the coordinates

lyngsat site is updated with 12161 V blank. Dish still offers the package so they must be encrypted and moved to other transponder.

Experts: as of regular English programs, such as PBS channels, are they come and go/move often?

BTW, I have a Fortec lifetime ultra. It has EPG function. Will satellite channels themselves contain program guide? Am I able to use this function, one way or other?

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum!

The PBS channels seem to be more permanent than the channels that Dish put up in the clear, these are more like tests, or to help people find and sign up for the service, where as the PBS channels are more of a service, most of the PBS channels use AC3 audio (as I am sure you know) As far as I know the EPG will not work for most FTA channels!

CCTV4 is also on G13 (127).
Looks like E* making a move for some new programing.

lijunsatguys said:
lyngsat site is updated with 12161 V blank. Dish still offers the package so they must be encrypted and moved to other transponder.
Dish has had the package for a while. These were test channels. See them every now and then
Experts: as of regular English programs, such as PBS channels, are they come and go/move often?
not really. Montana PBS moved TP's, but for the most part, the stuff that has been up there for a while hasn't moved
BTW, I have a Fortec lifetime ultra. It has EPG function. Will satellite channels themselves contain program guide? Am I able to use this function, one way or other?

nope. I have a Pansat 1500 with an EPG and other than "test" or "current" never seen anything in it :)

I checked the dishnetwork site. The most of channels of the Chinese package is now on transponder 17, which is 11957 V according to lyngsat site. Some of them scattered on tps 4, 5, 20, 27.

Another question to experts, how can I receive dish L and R polarization with a Universal LNB (H & V)? Do I have to use a dish LNB? Thanks,

lijunsatguys said:
I checked the dishnetwork site. The most of channels of the Chinese package is now on transponder 17, which is 11957 V according to lyngsat site. Some of them scattered on tps 4, 5, 20, 27.

since they are encrypted, you would need a subscription throuogh Dish to receive these :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)