FTA channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robert.b

Original poster
Mar 23, 2014
Bahamas
I have a X2 Premium FTA HD receiver and connected to Galaxy 19 but I only get scrambled services can I subscribe to these or is there any free channels on that satellite or any other west satellites please assist?

You must be scanning paid only, there are tons of channels in the clear on G19. Are you sure you are scanning in the right Satellite?

:welcome to SatGuys, Robert.b!

Lots of free channels on G19! On the scan screen make sure you do a blind scan and that should bring up all channels available. There's also an option on that same screen to scan for free only, I don't have my X2 hooked up right now, otherwise I'd tell you exactly where to find that option.

You could maybe check some of the transponders that you are scanning in now and see if you can find them on The List, at the top of this page, Lyngsat or Sathint, to make sure that you are on G19. You might be on a different sat, like Ke4est suggested.

Hi robert.b,

I use the X2 Premium II receiver myself (with a motorized KU dish). As others have said, lots of clear channels available on Galaxy 19 (97w) depending on your language of choice. Here is a link to a tv/radio guide for Galaxy 19 that another member on here has been keeping up to date:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=96065&d=1394643737

It lists whats available and the language the programming is. If you're aimed at the right satellite these should have scanned in for you (as well as a bunch of scrambled stuff if you didn't select "free only" before scanning). If you have a motorized dish even more is available. Good luck!

Last edited:
Just did a scan and got a total of 275 channels. Only 26 are scrambled.
Just for 'giggles', How do you know you're 'connected to G19'?
What are your dish and LNBF models??

I saw a fta Preosat micro HD system for $199 . I was looking to play around with something. For a newbie would this be a safe system. I know nothing about electonics except look for a switch. If this is ok about how many channels would this pick up?

The GeosatPro microHD Ku package is a good starting point.
Channels- Overall, a thousand(estimate) but many are foreign language.
Check TheList (top of page)
Others to reference: sathint.com and global-cm.net/mpeg2central.html NOTE: no list can be 100% up to date.
You'll get, with the microHD, excellent support right here.
The package is able to receive satellite signals on frequencies between 11700 and 12700. (Domestic Ku band)
For the satellite band from 3700 to 4200, a much larger dish is required, usually referred to as a BUD. (most desired - 10 ft)

The GeosatPro microHD Ku package is a good starting point. Channels- Overall, a thousand(estimate) but many are foreign language. Check TheList (top of page) Others to reference: sathint.com and global-cm.net/mpeg2central.html NOTE: no list can be 100% up to date. You'll get, with the microHD, excellent support right here. The package is able to receive satellite signals on frequencies between 11700 and 12700. (Domestic Ku band) For the satellite band from 3700 to 4200, a much larger dish is required, usually referred to as a BUD. (most desired - 10 ft)
Thank you I appreciate the information, very helpfull

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a ku feed that is universal; and the 22k sw is set in the wrong position in the receivers menu; you cannot receive the 11.7 to 12.2 band that g19 is too. Lots of channels are free on g19!

I must be doing something wrong. When I check "The List" for G-19, I`m seeing only about 20 channels shown.

I saw a fta Preosat micro HD system for $199 . I was looking to play around with something. For a newbie would this be a safe system. I know nothing about electonics except look for a switch. If this is ok about how many channels would this pick up?

This might be a little late, but if you have not made a choice I bought this system, and it is my first FTA system, as I am an FTA beginner! It works very good, and I have no complaints with the operation of the system.

I am parked on 95W Galaxy 3C CCTV news right now as I am a news junkie! Yes it is safe for a newbie ;) I am learning each day! Just don't do like I have done...DO NOT mount it on your roof!!! If I had it to do over again, I would mount it down low so I can adjust it much easier. It is a pain to get on a ladder for adjustments.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)