Status
Please reply by conversation.

. Raine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 6, 2013
North America, CT.
Got an issue with one of my fixed dishes that I can't figure out, but think it's probably something simple that I'm missing.

I have a MicroHD hooked to my ASC1, to a 4x1 DISEqC switch, port 1 to a C band dish with a C1WPLL, port 2 to a 76 cm dish with a SG2100 motor controlled by USALS and a universal Ku LNB , port 3 to a fixed 18'' dish with an Avenger Ku PLL on it, port 4 to a 30'' fixed dish with a Avenger Linear Ku LNB on it.

Everything works great except for the fixed dish on port 4 of the switch. When I switch to that dish, I get nothing unless I do a TP scan or blind scan and then exit out of the menus, then it works fine until I switch to a different sat and then back again, then I have to do a TP or blind scan all over again to get it back again. Have 75% for quality when it's working and once it's up, it stays up with no problems, until I move off that sat and then back again.

The 18'' dish works fine if I switch it to port 4 and the 30'' did the same on port 3 as it did on 4. It only started to do this when I recently hooked my ASC1 back up, [with the latest firmware] before this it was all setup and working fine with the V-Box.

Have in the Micro for that dish the Lo set to 10750, DISEqC 1.0 for port 4, DISEqC 1.1-disabled, 22k off, none for motor type and I had to set a motor position to save settings, even though there's no motor on that dish, which is set to 33.

I'd post the Sat and transponder, but it's an unlisted ITC channel. At least, I don't see it on The List, Sathint or Lyngsat.

I've messed with it for the last hour or so and can't figure it out, any ideas? I didn't think to try deleting the Sat and then putting it back in until just this moment, will try that tomorrow, if no one has an idea of what I'm missing here, it's getting too late for me to fiddle with it anymore tonight. Thanks!

Sounds like a bad LNBF on that 30". Goes out until it gets a dose of full voltage during the scan is my thinking.

Sounds like a bad LNBF on that 30". Goes out until it gets a dose of full voltage during the scan is my thinking.

Ugh, it's brand new, but that makes sense. I bet you're right. I'll try swapping it out tonight and see if there's a difference and return it for a replacement if swapping it gets rid of the problem. Must've gotten dropped or thrown around in shipping, had that happen with a new C-Band LNB that I bought last summer.

Thanks, Magic

I had one that was 'stuck' on horizontal once horizontal was selected. Otherwise vertical worked. The 13v was running about 14.5, too high to 'switch' to Vertical.
I could 'get it back' by going to the tune up screen, selecting a different port, then switching it back.
Removes voltage, then applies the voltage, which is too low to switch it to H.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)