FTA Cuban Television

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dannymd

Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Hi, I am interested in receiving FTA Cuban Television from my location in
Miami, Florida. I was informed by a friend in International Studies that
Cubavision and Tele Rebelde would be available..Can you please help ?

Thanks for your assistance...

Hello and welcome to the SatelliteGuys.FTA forum :wave

Cubavision International is available FTA on the below satellite, a Universal LNBF is needed for this channel.

http://www.lyngsat.com/pas9.html

Its at 11612 Freq. A GREAT channel if you like to watch baseball in the winter : )

Dannymd said:
Hi, I am interested in receiving FTA Cuban Television from my location in
Miami, Florida. I was informed by a friend in International Studies that
Cubavision and Tele Rebelde would be available..Can you please help ?

Thanks for your assistance...

welcome! :wave

Cubavision is available on FTA. Its on Pas9, which is at 58 degrees west. I can pick it up in Minnesota with no issues :)
(I have no clue what they are saying)

I noticed there are 2 Cubavision...Cubavision and Cubavision International. The one on Pas9 is In'tl

Cubavision and Tele Rebelde can be viewed on Hispasat 1D, which is at 30 degrees. There is also Canal Educativo 1 & 2 there too (educational stuff maybe?)

As long as you have a decent SE view, you should be able to get these. You would need a FTA receiver, 30" or larger dish and a KU band LNB.

Cool I thought it was only on P9 C-band. With the super heavy rain we had last night, I'm lucky I have C-band :) it was so hard, thought I would have a flood, but all is ok...

Cuban on Hispasat

I currently have my setup permanently set on Hispasat, but my lnb is linear. I do have some old single dishtv lnbs, can I just pop that one on and expect it to work to catch the Cuban? What would be the quickest way to get my coolsat to detect it? I would rather not have to go through the blind scan process. Thanks.

I am picking up all of the expected channels on 1C. Why did it not pick up the two channels on 1D when I did my blind scan? I was assuming it was because I don't have a universal lnb, but it appears you are correct, it is a linear signal. Any ideas?

I use a Universal LNBF.......but I have noticed some of the channels seem to be part time. Right now I am getting all the channels as usual except....

Solo Tango

Boca TV

Most of the channels on 1D are on a Euro beam.

Can I view Hispasat 1D from Miami Florida. Which equipment would be best for this ?

unless there is a tree in the way, you should have no problems :)

You would need a 30" or larger dish and a KU band LNB (and a FTA receiver) to get set up

Still No Cuban

I am locked on Hispasat 1C and pick all of these up just fine. Cubavision is on 1D and I have manually entered 11884, selected V for polarity and I still get nothing. Quality down around 5%. What could be the problem?

Blasting in here at around 80% Signal quality.

Using an Invacom Universal LNBF!

smata67 said:
I am locked on Hispasat 1C and pick all of these up just fine. Cubavision is on 1D and I have manually entered 11884, selected V for polarity and I still get nothing. Quality down around 5%. What could be the problem?

maybe you need a universal LNB....or try to nudge the dish e or w a notch or two.

On the low band....

Change to Standard LNB type/09750 L.O. and its still there.

Your English is better than my German :D Speaking of German, Last weekend I was searching the sats for something to watch and came across the German feed for the US Gran Prix, I think it was on PAS3. There was a McDonalds spot and the line "I'm lovin' it" in German is Ich Liebe Ese. I think the spelling is right. It was really fun watching German TV for a couple of hours.

thanks ;)
I know, my English must be very bad for americans :( I know it 'cos I also have some forums with english and other people ;)

The differnce in Europe with McDonalds is:
Germany: "Ich liebe es" (I'm loving it)
Austria: "We're loving it"
Citicens of both contries are speaking German :D

And we have another nice word ... do you know, what a "Handy" is? :D
Handy is in Germany, Austria and Switzerland a mobile phone. Handy is no brand or company. Handy is a german word for mobile phone :rolleyes: We don't say "mobile" or "cell phone" ... we say "handy" :D
btw ... T-Mobile is a german company and inventor of the word "Handy"

I dont know if its been said yet Michael-Berlin but

welcome :wave to SatelliteGuys :)

We don't worry about one's English....some of us from the US have a hard time typing it here :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts