FTA disappointment

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would leave the arms off and use them if/when you ever get a motor on there, it must be just the pictures as it looked off horizontal slightly, looks as if you have the LNBF set up as a standard, I thought it was a Universal? And at the top it says Dish 5,
I would use Dish 1 as you only have one dish, (for the moment)

For a Universal LNBF it should be

09750 LNB. Freq 1

10600 LNB. Freq 2

Tone on

I set up various settings on the other numbers, like Telsat 5 (Dish 1), Telsat 6 (Dish 2), AMC 4 (Dish 3), (Dish 4) AMC 3, etc. When I don't need them I just turn off the LNB. When I point to another satellite the freq. are automatically there when I turn the LNB on.

"For a Universal LNBF it should be

09750 LNB. Freq 1

10600 LNB. Freq 2

Tone on"

See that is the thing, if I want the tone option to come up I have to set it as NORMAL. If I turn on "tone" that will automatically bring it to NORMAL from UNIVERSAL. I guess that is the problem, isn't it?

Also, there have been suggestions in buying a Pansat2500a. But, through e-bay. I don't really like the idea of buying on e-bay. The warranty thing will be worthless. If I buy Fortec Star (Lifetime Ultra) from the manufacture I know that if anything goes wrong I can go back to them.

Well, as mentioned before, I brought a 13" TV and the receiver close to the satellite dish. PSB, as you mentioned before, the mast was not plumb. It must have moved since. I took the dish off and used a bubble level to make it 90 degrees. Actually, I set it a bit above, so that when the dish was back on the mast it would be plumb. This would compensate for the extra weight of the dish and LNB.

I managed to get the signals of 2 satellites, AMC-4 and Telsat 6. I noticed that the angle markings on the Fortec Star Dish are somewhat off because the angle was well above 40 degrees for AMC-4. Lynsat.com says 38 degrees for my location. Anyways, I got 84% but the quality just can't lock. I twisted the LNB angle to see if I could improve the quality, but without success.
The tone was on, if it was off it would have be 72%-73%

Just another update, I scanned in my first FTA channel tonite. It was a news feed from LA on AMC 9. Picked up the signal and now have the quality!!
YEEHAW!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts